6.0 Limited Build

WJCO

Meme King
Also installed a Mountain Vista Fab 44A diff skid with pinion guard to help keep the aluminum diff from splitting on a rock when I get the long arms in finally.

Looks good. I run the same axle with the same skid and it has proved itself well. You'll be happy with it.

IMG_20181009_202328_120.jpg

Five-N9ne

Looks good. I run the same axle with the same skid and it has proved itself well. You'll be happy with it.

View attachment 312287

How long ago did you get yours? Neil sadly passed away shortly after I ordered mine, so it sat in limbo for two months before someone else took over with the design and welding. I had to carve out the bottom of the pinion clamp just to get it over the gear oil return rib on the bottom of the housing. Meh... doesn’t affect anything now, just annoying.

Current picture taken with my DJI:
17596E16D90108CE15FFBBBD92C342DF.jpg

Sent from my pay phone in Chechnya

Five-N9ne

Little things I missed:

Currently the Hellas are wired into the factory foglight harness with OEM plugs, so nothing on the body side has been butchered. I cut the pigtails off a shell in the boneyard.

Swapped in a pile of Alpine speakers and head unit from my old ZJ and bought some new ones for the sound bar: Alpine SPS610s in the rear doors and sound bars, with S65C component woofers in the front doors and the S65C component tweeters in the rear sound bar. With the woofer she sounds pretty damn good... none of this Honda trunk rattle bullshit, but the amp puts some decent punch into the single ancient 10” I’ve had for years. Wires to the amp aren’t even noticeable in the engine bay, I tucked the power wire through a pile of grommets on the passenger side where the antenna wire comes through, then follows behind the kickpanel fuse tray and along the door sills to under the backseat. Same with the signal wires from the HU, but they go along the opposite side kickpanels.

Had to remove the PCV on the passenger valvecover and replace it with an open elbow into the intake. Crank pressure was backing up and pushing oil out the valvecover gasket. No leaks now.

Factory efan motor lost low speed, and I’m not paying 900 for a factory Mopar unit and not hacking an eBay fan into place, so I temporarily bypassed the high speed sensor to always be on with ignition and ordered a Crown Vic fan motor and correct pigtail harness to plug and play with the body harness. Crown Vic fans and 5.9 fans share the same two speed motor luckily. Should be here soon.

WJCO

Meme King
How long ago did you get yours? Neil sadly passed away shortly after I ordered mine, so it sat in limbo for two months before someone else took over with the design and welding. I had to carve out the bottom of the pinion clamp just to get it over the gear oil return rib on the bottom of the housing. Meh... doesn’t affect anything now, just annoying.

Wow. I didn't realize that. I ordered mine a couple of years ago. I just looked it up, it was ordered on May 28th 2016 but it didn't ship until June 21st. I did have them powder coat it though and if I recall, they have a 3rd party do that part.

Five-N9ne

Wow. I didn't realize that. I ordered mine a couple of years ago. I just looked it up, it was ordered on May 28th 2016 but it didn't ship until June 21st. I did have them powder coat it though and if I recall, they have a 3rd party do that part.

I just hit mine with engine enamel.

Five-N9ne

Kevin’s Offroad lower rad support is in and bumper trimmed for clevises.
IMG_0201.jpg
IMG_0202.jpg

Other than that not much is happening until I put it up for the winter, have to keep the mint unibody away from the road salt. I’m renting a shop space with lift access, so the plan is over the winter dump my u joint shafts into the front, do the WJ knuckle swap, strip and recoat my Clayton arms, replace all the Johnny Joints, and come out of the shop in March or so with a fresh set of long arms, Foxes and 7” Clayton coils.

Top Bottom