68' M715 AKA "Smokey", 8.1 engine on links, coils and 40's

Clutch master and pedal retrofit. 316 stainless to make a clevis in the correct width for the pedal. I looked, not available commercially in the size I needed

Clutch master.jpg

Clutch master(2).jpg

Pedal alignment. All three are finally hooked up here

Clutch master(3).jpg

UHMW spacer for the master. This helps space the master out far enough from the firewall to ensure it is getting the full "throw" from the pedal

Clutch master(4).jpg

Clutch master(5).jpg

Added a threaded rubber pad to the bottom of the pedal. That way it won't slam against the floor every time the clutch pedal is depressed

Clutch master(6).jpg

Clutch master(7).jpg

Working on the rear axle shock mounts

Shock mount.jpg

1.5” DOM mounts. These are King 2.5’s with 16” of travel. Rear are triple rate

Shock mount(2).jpg

Full bump driver, full droop passenger

Shock mount(3).jpg

Shock mount(4).jpg

They are big hoops but that’s what you get when you have 16” King’s on a truck with nearly no lift

Shock mounts(5).jpg

Shock mounts(6).jpg

Howzit from 45 minutes south of you...always loved the M715.

Hellava project...Hellava tow from Fairbanks to Snohomish...hellava FJ...hellava, wait, I'm being redundant...and also repeating myself.

Looking forward to personally seeing this on the trail someday soon. You've got some mad skills man...

Hot damn what a hell of a build so far! :clap:

Haha! Yeah thanks! It's been a LONG slow slog to this point, should be picking up speed tho!

Wow that's a lot of work in just few pages!

Oh yes, I've I've got a few more to post in order to catch up :yup:

So much awesomeness!

Thank you!

Love the FJ too!

Thanks! Yeah poor FJ. I've been wheeling that HARD 20 years now. Been all over the lower 48 and Alaska, mostly driven, not trailered. Going strong tho

Howzit from 45 minutes south of you...always loved the M715.

Hellava project...Hellava tow from Fairbanks to Snohomish...hellava FJ...hellava, wait, I'm being redundant...and also repeating myself.

Looking forward to personally seeing this on the trail someday soon. You've got some mad skills man...

Damn. Only 45 minutes......that puts you in the Renton/Redmond/Issaquah ish area somewhere. Yes, I hope to get it out and actually run the 715 around before too long. Thanks for the encouragement! :thumb:

Holy shit that looks like a truck haha!

Hell of a job, my friend. Simply astounding. That's easily going to be the baddest M715 around. [emoji869]

Thank you Sir! Yeah, unless there are some REALLY built 715's out there that haven't crossed the internet, the Jeep Concept 715 is likely the closest thing to this. I can't keep up with the 702HP Hellcat that Jeep used for theirs but I'm willing to bet that I have them beat on on the suspension layout for overall functionality and ground clearance. AND the 8.1 isn't exactly going to be a slouch with 300ft/lbs of torque at idle. We shall see ;)

Haha, every time I check the new posts and this thread pops up I get excited for new pics. Hurry up and post more!

Poor old bed is off to the blaster after hauling it out from behind the barn where it's been stored. EVERYTHING that could unbolt or come off of it was removed prior to blast work

715 bed.jpg

And yes, the tailgate REALLY is that bent and sprung. It takes a heavy ratchet strap or a come-a-long just to shut it.

715 bed(2).jpg

And it's back....

715 bed(4).jpg

Virtually completely rust free but every corner is cracked or broken. Just about every flat piece of metal is dented.....the plan is to fix all the cracks and the dents will remain as "character".

715 bed(3).jpg

Garage Mouse Trap. Haha

715 bed(5).jpg

Top Bottom