A bit of advice from the regulars if I may...

Petthefish

I hope to hook up with a few local Wayalifers and go on a run that is within my jeeps abilities and maybe push it a bit.

BDSJEEP

Honestly I think the only way someone is a "liability" is 1. Having a bad attitude 2. Not willing to take sound advice or listening to your spotter on the trail. That's just my opinion anyways. Stock Jeep? Who cares that's why we all have recovery equipment. You picked the right group to learn from so many good people on WAYALIFE and so much experience and people willing to help .

Welcome!!

Thanks Slavens, yeah, watching all the WAYALIFE series on YouTube, I knew right away that these were the people I wanted to surround myself with!

CHEERS! :beer:

Well said. A good attitude (and a tow strap) will get you out of anything. My first run with these guys was in the snow. I buried my jeep for 1 1/2 hrs. I was mortified they'd shun me. Those exact same people are the ones i wheel with most now, and they've tugged me out since then.

Haha! That is SOOO awesome - can I quote you and steal that as my signature please?

"A good attitude (and a tow strap) will get you out of anything." - 07JKSahara

JAGS

Hooked
Thanks Slavens, yeah, watching all the WAYALIFE series on YouTube, I knew right away that these were the people I wanted to surround myself with!

CHEERS! :beer:

Haha! That is SOOO awesome - can I quote you and steal that as my signature please?

"A good attitude (and a tow strap) will get you out of anything." - 07JKSahara

Haha, sure be prepared to defend it though! People will doubt... :)

Pics or it didn't happen....;):cheesy:

JAGS

Hooked
Honestly I think the only way someone is a "liability" is 1. Having a bad attitude 2. Not willing to take sound advice or listening to your spotter on the trail. That's just my opinion anyways. Stock Jeep? Who cares that's why we all have recovery equipment. You picked the right group to learn from so many good people on WAYALIFE and so much experience and people willing to help .

Welcome!!

Yup. ^^^^ this and all the similar said by others. There are runs for all types of Jeeps. Try to get out on the one that will be more stock and new driver capable. There really is no substitute for learning than getting out there. If you can wheel a stock Rubicon, you can certainly wheel a built one. Heck, I had my Rubi two years before having it built up.

BDSJEEP

You have much to learn grasshopper, what I say means very little... :icon_crazy:

LOL don't tell me that - I hope to see you out off my front fender on more than one occasion :) LOL

Yup. ^^^^ this and all the similar said by others. There are runs for all types of Jeeps. Try to get out on the one that will be more stock and new driver capable. There really is no substitute for learning than getting out there. If you can wheel a stock Rubicon, you can certainly wheel a built one. Heck, I had my Rubi two years before having it built up.

Thanks JAGS. I certainly will be finding any excuse to collect experience. I guess I was just checking to see if the group in general had serious or strict protocols they followed or not, so to figure out if I could collect that experience in a group or if I needed to solo a bit first.

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Top Bottom