A/C on the trail?

Tackerdown

Banned
Was out wheeling in the desert and I had my friend's wife & daughter in the Jeep with me, while he was riding the ATC with a group of other guys. When he rolled up on us, I would put the window down and ask him to speak up or hold on, as we couldn't hear him over the A/C and stereo... :rock:

That's funny :D

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

JK1

last year i ran it in south dakota on our last day cuz the trails were so dusty.. i just wanted a dust free day lol:beer:

Mr.T

Yes, we use it whenever desired. The wife and I were camping on a trail in Death Valley. It was early June, and hot. Ran the A/C quite a bit, even crawling in low range. The coolant temp was running ~220F per a scanner connected to the OBD port.

We were comfortable with the A/C, and have Insuliner headliners too. As we hit pavement, we waited for a couple of semi-topless Jeeps with tube-doors driving the paved road. We turned onto the same road and followed them towards Nevada, and when they pulled off at a turn-out we did the same. These guys looked young, about our kids age. Very nice folks, and we talked for a bit as they drank up and gave their dogs water too. They had mostly been on paved roads traveling into DVNP, and were really suffering the effects of heat, wind, sun, and insects. My wife got out of our Jeep a few minutes later, not realizing how terrible they were feeling. She started enthusiastically talking up a storm about the trails and camping, all cool and comfortable. Like any self-respecting men in their 20's, they did their best to not let the old-lady know they were absolutely dying to get to an air conditioned motel room with a shower. After one of their dogs gulped water and barfed in the back of the jeep, my wife started to put the clues together and we said good byes.

:beer:

Last edited:
Top Bottom