A good Mechanics Tool Set?

toxicwaste29

Did you have any problems with craftsman or you just dislike overseas produces tools?

By the way there's a good chance your wrangler was made in Toledo :D

I get all my stuff craftsman but their mechanic sets suck anymore. I've been through 2 1/4" drives, then 1 3" 8" and another 1/2" drive. Also I've had the Chinese 1/2" extensions that are only an 1" or so completely twist and become worthless. It's to the point where if I go and need a misc wrench or something I comb through the racks of single wrenches looking for ones stamped USA since the racks still have old surplus on them

400 bucks can buy you a few garage or storage sheds fool of truck brand tools if your patient. Old gear heads die and their tools usually go for cheap.

If you want brand new in the box stuff. I'm liking that Napa has Carlyle Tools. Lifetime warranty, made in the USA and the ability to walk into any Napa and exchange a broken tool if need be.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
400 bucks can buy you a few garage or storage sheds fool of truck brand tools if your patient. Old gear heads die and their tools usually go for cheap.

If you want brand new in the box stuff. I'm liking that Napa has Carlyle Tools. Lifetime warranty, made in the USA and the ability to walk into any Napa and exchange a broken tool if need be.

I love estate sales for this reason.

jkwebbie

I love estate sales for this reason.

I'm with you bud! You can get boxes full of tools for nothing.
A buddy of mine actually bought a huge Snap On rolling tool chest at an auction for $300. We thought that it was just for the chest and so did everyone else there. We didn't know it was full of tools until we started to move it into the back of his truck. And I mean it was FULL of tools!!!!! He basically stole it lol

Top Bottom