A good wind deflector for driving with the hard top off?

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Possible solution for you from an old guy who rides his motorcycle late in the season and gets cold inner ears. Put a small wad of cotton batting in your ears. In addition to solving my one problem it reduced wind noise and allowed me to hear my stereo better. I don’t do this in warm weather or in my Jeep ..... but may help your issue and super cheap

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
The front two panels ARE the wind deflectors.

Have you never been in a convertible before? The whole point of having the top down/off is to be windy.

Get yourself a spiderweb shade to protect from the direct sun. That’s about as wind deflection you might get.

^^^This^^^ I always find it funny when I see people with their windows rolled up and the top down.

Drive a car with the sunroof open and the windows down, pretty windy in there too.

I never understood sunroofs. We have one in our Durango and its never open. Sun beams in and make it too bright and hot. If I want the "open air" experience I drive the Jeep top and doors off.

Possible solution for you from an old guy who rides his motorcycle late in the season and gets cold inner ears. Put a small wad of cotton batting in your ears. In addition to solving my one problem it reduced wind noise and allowed me to hear my stereo better. I don’t do this in warm weather or in my Jeep ..... but may help your issue and super cheap

I do carry ear plugs (free from work) in the center console when traveling with the top and doors off just in case. Nothing is worse than a 30mph cross wind. Feels like someone is boxing your ear. Plus the kids can get uncomfortable. I find a beanie also works, kinda like a microphone muff. You can hear well and its cuts all the wind noise.

ScoobyCarolanNC

I have taken off the front panels on the hard top on my new JL and even with just these two pieces of driving at any decent speed creates a LOT of wind inside. Cant really find any suitable top of the windshield wind deflector for JL online. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Definitely open the back windows too & the spider shade style tops do help a bit as well.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Unbolt the rear window and set it aside. Then the air will flow through.

Other convertibles are noisy and windy. Maybe not as much as a Jeep, but they can’t go where I can.

Top Bottom