A journey to remember

Whitarmy

Crater lake is pretty cool. I’m not sure if it has changed, but when we went a few years ago you couldn’t take a dog if you want to go out on the ferry ride. We had ours and still got to see some great views.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Well coaster said come on human this is crazy hot for my furry butt .. so we stopped off at the hot springs in Big Bend 20180724_135208.jpg got to some really old pictographs and petroglyphs like 100-300 bc old 20180724_135417.jpg 20180724_135702.jpg before getting out of there now were sitting up in the marfa lights viewing area to see if maybe we can see these odd things that were first spotted in 1880's by a local rancher . Hmmmm 20180724_171951.jpg and this same area was used in the 40's for a training airfield 20180724_171948.jpg so who knows will make the attempt to get glowing light ball video if they show but no promises on em cause well you know odd lights in the air are never a for sure thing

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Great thread. Have fun on your trip! Glad your dog can keep you company.
So far so good .. it's nice to not have any kind of schedule ...
Crater lake is pretty cool. I’m not sure if it has changed, but when we went a few years ago you couldn’t take a dog if you want to go out on the ferry ride. We had ours and still got to see some great views.

Yea it isn't just there all national parks now are no pets on trails ,6'leash when out an about even at camp , only allowed on roads doesnt matter if paved or dirt ..problem arose with folks not picking up behind em like they should on trails so to prevent it they just banned em on them ..
Awesome pictures and stories! Keep them coming!

You know stay tuned....

From here we head for Mesa Verde in southern Colo. Possibly stop in New Mexico dunno yet....

98XJ06LJ

Are you planning on going up thru the Guadalupe mountains national Park? That area is beautiful, sucks about the dog issue. They build a bypass trial for the Colorado and Continental divide trails around Rocky mountain national Park.

I was told by rangers previously that they were banning dogs on the trails inside national parks because the wildlife identified the dogs poo as wolf poo and they would stay out of the area thinking there was a predator present. Not sure if that was a BS line just given to me because I was standing there with my dog but that was in RMNP about three years ago.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Looks like a epic trip!Looking forward to more pics:D
Of course I will so long as I have signal lol ..
Great photos and history lessons . Thanks for posting, keep them coming and enjoy
Glad your enjoying things this far ... stay tuned .. updating when the cellular gods allow [emoji12]
Are you planning on going up thru the Guadalupe mountains national Park? That area is beautiful, sucks about the dog issue. They build a bypass trial for the Colorado and Continental divide trails around Rocky mountain national Park.

I was told by rangers previously that they were banning dogs on the trails inside national parks because the wildlife identified the dogs poo as wolf poo and they would stay out of the area thinking there was a predator present. Not sure if that was a BS line just given to me because I was standing there with my dog but that was in RMNP about three years ago.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app
Having been there previously I went argue it is indeed a beautiful area...

Dunno about the wolf thing .. I spoke with one of the rangers in both Devils Tower ,and in Big Bend to some degree and both pretty much gave me the same reason with folks not packing out or even burying poop .. the part I found amusing was they both stated it's not just pets .. they are close to giving poop bags to people without pets and not allowing cat holes any longer.. as I said previously am curious how they will enforce that one ..

Currently rolling down 25 in N.M. just shy of T or C ... the Marfa mystery lights were a no show so ohh well there maybe next time ..

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
So after staying up most of last night then running up thro NM I'm stopped for a night or 2 with these views 20180725_203421.jpg 20180725_203434.jpg course this only a portion of it but just think of the song I can see for miles an miles ...best part is it's a free camp gotta love BLM land

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Well after getting toasted in the west Texas and northern NM desert regions for a week coaster said let's beat the heat so we loaded up and headed for Co. ... made it in and got camp set up at Mesa Verde be here till Tues. .... no dispersed camping so that kinna sucks but oh well at least the views are good and we get wifi and free showers (some N.P. you gotta pay for em ) good views from camp at least 20180727_191136.jpg 20180727_191208.jpg 20180727_191200.jpg tomorrow we explore the park

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Awesome pics and I’m Very envious of your journey! Hows the trailer doing? Any pros and cons so far with it?

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Awesome pics and I’m Very envious of your journey! Hows the trailer doing? Any pros and cons so far with it?
Glad your enjoying things .. trailers doing good so far .. but the mountain states are next up .. got a small taste coming into Mesa Verde .. mpg up till now has been fair 13-15 depending on terrain.. I'll sell it to ya if ta want it lol ..
Looks like a lot of fun.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
So far so good am enjoying it ..

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
So today went an took a look at some of the varied sites here at Mesa Verde N.P. an man I'm impressed having been to the Gila cliff dwellings these here blow that one away the sheer cliffs an how high up from the canyon floor are incredible.. if you have never been I highly recommend a visit ..here are just a few shots that I took with my phone .. 20180728_115746.jpg 20180728_115831.jpg 20180728_115755.jpg 20180728_120333.jpg 20180728_120341.jpg 20180728_120510.jpg I wanted to get a good shot of the sun temple but your not able to really see the layout of it an no drone zone so couldn't even take that shot with it 20180728_121133.jpg a few things of interest 20180728_132221.jpg 20180728_132233.jpg 20180728_134138.jpg 20180728_141012.jpg

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
An believe me there is more 20180728_141019.jpg 20180728_141056.jpg 20180728_144725.jpg 20180728_144522.jpg 20180728_144527.jpg 20180728_144606.jpg an if ya look close enough an can zoom it enough ya can see where the smoke is rising from the fire in the center pic of the views from the lookout area .. talk about seeing for miles... man the views are killer

Top Bottom