A little help?

Voodoo Actual

Update:

I still do not have my Jeep.

Chrysler called me 2 days ago to tell me they had escalation techs looking at my Jeep and they they would get back to me by yesterday.

Never heard back so I looks like they'll have my Jeep for another week or two.

Voodoo Actual

Wow, interesting keep us posted on out come.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

More of the same. I still do not have my Jeep.

I made some calls to Chrysler today and left a voice mail - haven't heard back.

I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited as a loaner. It had about 1k miles on it when I got it. It now has over 4k miles on it.

For anyone looking into a Grand Cherokee, these vehicles are pretty nice.

Voodoo Actual

Update:

Dealer called me to tell me my Jeep was fixed.

Went in to check it out. Drove it and surprise it wasn't fixed. Dealer still has my Rubicon and I still have their Grand Cherokee loaner.

jeeeep

Hooked
lemon law! each time they tell you the same issue is repaired and it's not, it counts.....

how many times have they indicated the same issue has been repaired and not?

Voodoo Actual

lemon law! each time they tell you the same issue is repaired and it's not, it counts.....

how many times have they indicated the same issue has been repaired and not?

They have told me it's been repaired many many times. They've told me it was repaired every week for the last 6 weeks. I'm still in a loaner because my rig is still not repaired.

I spoke with a Lemon Law attorney today - seemed pretty knowledgable. I want to speak with a couple more attorneys before I pick one.

I have also left a vmail for Amanda, the POC at Chrysler everyday this week and I have not heard back. No surprise that they are trying to put me off.

bl17z90

This is horrible. I can't beleive the dealerships and Chrysler try to pull this shit. I'm really sorry to hear what you're going through man. The really sad part is this kind of stuff happens all over, not just with vehicles. Did you inform Jeep that you were looking at Toyota? I'm not sure if that would really mean anything to their service department but at Chrysler that should matter because every time a customer goes with a different brand thats 18-45k dollars that they won't get when you purchase your next vehicle.

I wish more companies were more like Apple where they will go out of their way to help you with their products whether you bought their protection plan or not.

Voodoo Actual

This is horrible. I can't beleive the dealerships and Chrysler try to pull this shit. I'm really sorry to hear what you're going through man. The really sad part is this kind of stuff happens all over, not just with vehicles. Did you inform Jeep that you were looking at Toyota? I'm not sure if that would really mean anything to their service department but at Chrysler that should matter because every time a customer goes with a different brand thats 18-45k dollars that they won't get when you purchase your next vehicle.

I wish more companies were more like Apple where they will go out of their way to help you with their products whether you bought their protection plan or not.

I can't seem to get anywhere with this.

I got my Jeep back.....it's put together hit it's not right.

Now my front locker takes it's time locking and unlocking. It took about 10 minutes to get it to lock yesterday and it took a few minutes to get it to unlock.

Something is wrong with my transmission. It sounds like it's slamming into each gear; feels like it too. Going from D to R and visa versa is particularly bad. When with D or R finally engages, it lurches pretty far so you need to pay attention to your axle positions before you shift so you don't send yourself down the side of a shelf road.

The right side of my dash has an annoying vibration and the steering squeaks. There are new issues that came up after the second dealer took my Jeep apart.

This is costing me a ton of money. I need my vehicle for work and most of my work is in the road. Even a nice loaner like re Grand Cherokee is nice but I can't take it out of State which means I pull in significantly less money.

It was suggested to me that I get a rental. The issue I have with this: I did not purchase a 2013 Rubicon to be stuck in loaners and rentals. I lost certainly don't make my auto payments to be in these other vehicles either. Also, there is no reason that I should be dealing with any if this.

If anyone else has been through this, I'm open to feedback.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I can't seem to get anywhere with this.

I got my Jeep back.....it's put together hit it's not right.

Now my front locker takes it's time locking and unlocking. It took about 10 minutes to get it to lock yesterday and it took a few minutes to get it to unlock.

Something is wrong with my transmission. It sounds like it's slamming into each gear; feels like it too. Going from D to R and visa versa is particularly bad. When with D or R finally engages, it lurches pretty far so you need to pay attention to your axle positions before you shift so you don't send yourself down the side of a shelf road.

The right side of my dash has an annoying vibration and the steering squeaks. There are new issues that came up after the second dealer took my Jeep apart.

This is costing me a ton of money. I need my vehicle for work and most of my work is in the road. Even a nice loaner like re Grand Cherokee is nice but I can't take it out of State which means I pull in significantly less money.

It was suggested to me that I get a rental. The issue I have with this: I did not purchase a 2013 Rubicon to be stuck in loaners and rentals. I lost certainly don't make my auto payments to be in these other vehicles either. Also, there is no reason that I should be dealing with any if this.

If anyone else has been through this, I'm open to feedback.

I feel for you man, but you let this happen to you unfortunately. First of all, you let this go FAR FAR FAR too long. After the second attempt, I would have had my lemon law attorney on the phone, threatening them. After the 3rd time, proceedings would have started. There is NO WAY I would eat this BS from the dealer. The "rear diff was replaced." WTF does that mean? The axle? There is no "diff" in a rubicon. Did they replace the locker? My jeep dealer is fairly cool, and their service manager told me point blank...when it comes to warranties (chrysler's dime) "we don't waste time repairing anything. They don't "fix axles." They order the entire assembly in a crate from chrysler and slap it on. Saves them a ton of money (to slap an axle on is a lot faster than doing surgery in the guts.) The driving out of state...what BS is this? I'd drive their loaner into a tree if I heard that BS.

Get your lawyer to start moving. Too many things (brought it in for a locker and now your tranny sucks) are wrong with it now, so the only acceptable solution to you would be a full refund (having chrysler buy it back) or a brand new 2014 Rubicon. Oh, and there are laws regarding payments. If your vehicle is out of your possession for too many days out of a month, they eat the payments. A friend of mine had BMW eat 6 payments (3 actual and 3 courtesy)...and in the end, they bought the 5 series back (bad diff).

Last edited:

Voodoo Actual

I feel for you man, but you let this happen to you unfortunately. First of all, you let this go FAR FAR FAR too long. After the second attempt, I would have had my lemon law attorney on the phone, threatening them. After the 3rd time, proceedings would have started. There is NO WAY I would eat this BS from the dealer. The "rear diff was replaced." WTF does that mean? The axle? There is no "diff" in a rubicon. Did they replace the locker? My jeep dealer is fairly cool, and their service manager told me point blank...when it comes to warranties (chrysler's dime) "we don't waste time repairing anything. They don't "fix axles." They order the entire assembly in a crate from chrysler and slap it on. Saves them a ton of money (to slap an axle on is a lot faster than doing surgery in the guts.) The driving out of state...what BS is this? I'd drive their loaner into a tree if I heard that BS.

Get your lawyer to start moving. Too many things (brought it in for a locker and now your tranny sucks) are wrong with it now, so the only acceptable solution to you would be a full refund (having chrysler buy it back) or a brand new 2014 Rubicon. Oh, and there are laws regarding payments. If your vehicle is out of your possession for too many days out of a month, they eat the payments. A friend of mine had BMW eat 6 payments (3 actual and 3 courtesy)...and in the end, they bought the 5 series back (bad diff).

As far as I know, the rear carrier was replaced. At Leary, that's what I was told and that's what was in the paper work.

I'll look into my payments. I've made 3 or 4 now while not having my vehicle because it was on a lift at a dealership.

I put 4k miles in the loaner they gave me. They said if I took it out if State they would charge me for every day I had the loaner. I could leave town and work but if something happened that damaged the vehicle if be in a bad spot.

Anyone have any experience and/or recommendations for a lemon law attorney in WA State?

Last edited:

Voodoo Actual

Update:

Chrysler told me the I had to personally go pick a none with Rairdon. I happened to have the day off and be in town today so I stopped in...which they weren't happy about.

Long and the short, they tried to tell me my vehicle was normal. So I took them outside and replicated the issues 100%. They then said all new Rubicons do that to which I replied, show me. That's about when they admitted that they damaged my Rubicon.

Now my Jeep goes into their service department on the 6th. I'm assuming my Jeep will be down for at least 2 weeks - probably more. They have to diagnose what else they broke and then decide what to do. Seems like it would be less expensive and less of a problem to just replace my Rubicon.

jeeeep

Hooked
Update:

Chrysler told me the I had to personally go pick a none with Rairdon. I happened to have the day off and be in town today so I stopped in...which they weren't happy about.

Long and the short, they tried to tell me my vehicle was normal. So I took them outside and replicated the issues 100%. They then said all new Rubicons do that to which I replied, show me. That's about when they admitted that they damaged my Rubicon.

Now my Jeep goes into their service department on the 6th. I'm assuming my Jeep will be down for at least 2 weeks - probably more. They have to diagnose what else they broke and then decide what to do. Seems like it would be less expensive and less of a problem to just replace my Rubicon.

There's your case, get a lawyer.

Also, let them know how much they have cost you by not being able to work out of town which I assume is necessary for you to make your income they shouldn't have any issues with you taking their loaner out of state. but most important, get a lawyer.

personally, I would never have let this go this long....

Voodoo Actual

There's your case, get a lawyer.

Also, let them know how much they have cost you by not being able to work out of town which I assume is necessary for you to make your income they shouldn't have any issues with you taking their loaner out of state. but most important, get a lawyer.

personally, I would never have let this go this long....

I've been trying. Problem is, it's easier said than done. They have cost me a significant punt of money. I still work odd and long hours though which makes taking care of things like this difficult.

One attorney I spoke to seemed to be on top of things - I'll need to out together a retainer if I want to go with him.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I've been trying. Problem is, it's easier said than done. They have cost me a significant punt of money. I still work odd and long hours though which makes taking care of things like this difficult.

One attorney I spoke to seemed to be on top of things - I'll need to out together a retainer if I want to go with him.

Sent you a PM.

Replied. I sent you a name of an attorney that I'd contact. However, as with any good attorney he will not work for free. Sorry.

Top Bottom