ABS, ESP BAS, and traction control lights

ryanbauer

I'll start off by saying I'm ashamed that my first post is asking for help but I'm really stuck here. I have an 07 JKU and a while back I hit a pretty good bump going faster than I should have on a trail and my ABS, ESP BAS, and traction control lights turned on. Previously owning a few TJ's i figured it had to be a vacuum line somewhere that got knocked loose but everything looks good and I hear no leaks. I pulled the following codes: U0125: Lost communication with Dynamics Sensor, C2114 Dynamics Sensor supply voltage low, C2204 Dynamics Sensor Internal. I read up on some forums and a lot of people said the front left ABS speed sensor could be bad so I replaced that and when I start it all the same lights stay on and the only change was if I push my traction control button the light turns off but ABS and ESP BAS are still on. Has anyone else ran into this issue and solved it? I figured I'd try and pick the brains of some of the more experienced dudes before I shell out and buy a whole new Dynamics Sensor...

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Is your steering wheel straight? If not adjust your drag link and clear the code, or drive it for a while till it clears its self. If the wheel is straight then you most likely still have a problem with o e of your abs sensors. It is very annoying having the dash light up like a Christmas tree. Lots on this forum have been there.

ryanbauer

Is your steering wheel straight? If not adjust your drag link and clear the code, or drive it for a while till it clears its self. If the wheel is straight then you most likely still have a problem with o e of your abs sensors. It is very annoying having the dash light up like a Christmas tree. Lots on this forum have been there.

Wow, I didn't even think to look at that. Will give that a shot tomorrow and see if that clears it.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
It takes some time driving before it will clear itself some people say 15 min, but mine took a few descent trips before it cleared its self (the first time) the second time I borrowed an abs scanner from a friend and cleared it immediately. Good luck.

ryanbauer

So I corrected the steering wheel position, drove it to the auto parts store to pick up some stuff for the daily driver (about 20 miles round trip) and still no change. Pretty bummed that the lights didn't turn off I thought we were onto something here!! :thinking:

jeeeep

Hooked
So I corrected the steering wheel position, drove it to the auto parts store to pick up some stuff for the daily driver (about 20 miles round trip) and still no change. Pretty bummed that the lights didn't turn off I thought we were onto something here!! :thinking:

it will take several restarts to reset, mine took a couple of days.

do this:

1. Disconnect the battery by removing the positive battery cable. Remember, the positive battery cable.

2. Ground the positive cable to the negative cable for 30 seconds to erase the electric charge in the capacitors.

3. Reconnect the positive cable to the battery.

you can also disconnect the battery and leave it disconnected for 15 minutes

ryanbauer

it will take several restarts to reset, mine took a couple of days.

do this:

1. Disconnect the battery by removing the positive battery cable. Remember, the positive battery cable.

2. Ground the positive cable to the negative cable for 30 seconds to erase the electric charge in the capacitors.

3. Reconnect the positive cable to the battery.

you can also disconnect the battery and leave it disconnected for 15 minutes

I'll give that a go tomorrow. There's still hope! Thanks fellas :thumb:

brooklyn4x4

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago I don't remember if it was the same code or not but my abs esp bas and traction lights were on I replaced my driver side abs sensor, lights where still on so I replaced my passenger side abs sensor, lights where still on and I couldn't figure it out either. A week later I let my buddy tire climb my wheel and it broke my front hub bearing so I replaced the bearing the lights went out and haven't came on since. Idk if a bad hub bearing would cause the abs speed sensor to misread or not but maybe take a look and them and see what type of shape there in. Because after I replaced mine I could tell the old one was in sad shape and was definitely on its way out and maybe that's why I was getting a code.

Last edited:

ryanbauer

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago I don't remember if it was the same code or not but my abs esp bas and traction lights were on I replaced my driver side abs sensor, lights where still on so I replaced my passenger side abs sensor, lights where still on and I couldn't figure it out either. A week later I let my buddy tire climb my wheel and it broke my front hub bearing so I replaced the bearing the lights went out and haven't came on since. Idk if a bad hub bearing would cause the abs speed sensor to misread or not but maybe take a look and them and see what type of shape there in. Because after I replaced mine I could tell the old one was in sad shape and was definitely on its way out and maybe that's why I was getting a code.

I checked them out and they seem to be in good shape. That's kind of funny that it broke from him climbing your tire, in that situation all you can is laugh lol.

ryanbauer

Update, I had my roommate drive my jeep around while I was in NY for the week and when I drove it this morning there were no lights, I hit a hard bump and they came on again but immediately shut back off after about a second or so. I thought it might have just been a weird fluke but then it did it again on the highway, same thing hard bump lights on for a second and then back off. I think it might be one of my rear sensors basing off when the light actually came on was when the rear tire hit the bump. :thinking:

jeeeep

Hooked
Update, I had my roommate drive my jeep around while I was in NY for the week and when I drove it this morning there were no lights, I hit a hard bump and they came on again but immediately shut back off after about a second or so. I thought it might have just been a weird fluke but then it did it again on the highway, same thing hard bump lights on for a second and then back off. I think it might be one of my rear sensors basing off when the light actually came on was when the rear tire hit the bump. :thinking:

my 2010 used to do that once I put 35's on it, I think it's just the larger tire and hard bumps. used to happen when I'd make too fast of a turn into the driveway too.

Does it feel like it's applying the brakes when it happens? I did the steering wheel dance to turn it off, hasn't caused any issues.

ryanbauer

my 2010 used to do that once I put 35's on it, I think it's just the larger tire and hard bumps. used to happen when I'd make too fast of a turn into the driveway too.

Does it feel like it's applying the brakes when it happens? I did the steering wheel dance to turn it off, hasn't caused any issues.

No it doesn't feel like the brakes are being applied. It hasn't done it the past few days so maybe it just fixed itself? I think centering the steering wheel did the trick. Thanks again fellas!

SteveC6R

I read about this trick in a forum, possibly here:

Turn your vehicle off, remove key and open door then close, start Jeep and turn the steering wheel all the way left then all the way right, put in gear and drive. When it shifts to second the lights will turn off. I've done this multiple times when my lights have come on and it worked everytime. As the guy above mentioned, seems to happen with lifts, bigger tires, etc. from time to time.

ryanbauer

Finally Found the problem.

Well after about 6 months of scratching my head about these lights coming on and off, replacing wheel speed sensors, fuses, etc.. I finally called it quits and took it to the shop who then sent me to dealer. I told the dealer about what was going on and that I had replaced all my speed sensors, clock spring, and centered the steering countless times, they dug into it assuming a faulty Dynamic Sensor. Well when they pulled the center console and got into where the Dynamic sensor is housed they found a mess of wires stripped, twisted and taped together. They said it looked like the previous owner tried to wire it to a switch to disable the traction control, abs, etc.. Thankfully they cleaned it all up and sent me home with a 200 dollar bill.

Top Bottom