ABS & Traction Loights

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
So I replaced right rear axle shaft thinking the bad bearing I had was causing the problem. Same results. The ABS is acting even sketchier. ABS engages when coming to a slow stop, going over bumps, driving on the highway, making a turn. The ABS light came on after I put the Jeep in park. That was a new one. This is driving me nuts. Sticking caliper? ABS module going out? Bad fuse? Any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Geoff

Sent from my iPhone

You're problem is a speed sensor. It's not that hard of a fix if you're handy.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
The most important item to start with is getting a code reader and figuring out exactly which wheel is having the problem. Start there. Then you can start replacing the necessary parts. The rear axle and bearings will not have anything to do with the ABS or ESP. The front unit bearings have the spend sensors built in. Use the code reader to identify which wheel is throwing the codes. Then replace the necessary speed sensor. Once you know which wheel it is post it up and I’m sure this forum will point you in the right direction. Until then, we are all just guessing.

gcb310

Sorry I wasn’t clear on that. That was the first thing I did. This is what came back.

C102B - right rear speed sensor circuit
C2116 - Pump motor supply low voltage (I had the fuse out for some time)
C1032 - right rear wheel speed sensor signal erratic performance.

Geoff

Sent from my iPhone

wjtstudios

Hooked
ABS & Traction Loights

Is your steering wheel off center? Even by a little?

Edit: I went back a reread the thread and you said it was straight.

I’m a bit of a loss too then. If you’ve replaced both the sensor and connector, it makes me think it is further up the line then. Has a dealership looked at it? If it’s saying right rear even after you’ve replaced the parts and cleared the codes I’m not sure what else it could be. Try swapping the sensor again?

Last edited:

gcb310

I am going to swap out the sensor one last time this evening if it doesn’t help then dealership it is.

Geoff

Sent from my iPhone

gcb310

Last question. This literally just popped into my head. Where should the ABS wire run? When I checked for severed wires I noticed that the right rear harness was in between the fuel tank and the frame. If it’s not suppose to be there could it be possible it’s pinched and that is what’s causing problems??? I remember dropping my rear axle to add spacers but the ABS issue seemed to happen waaaaaaay later. Anyways, main question is should the harness run in between fuel tank and frame.

Geoff

Sent from my iPhone

gcb310

I’m reviving my original post. It’s been a little over a year and I’ve had my ABS control module replaced twice and still had the ABS light coming on intermittently. It got to the point where the jeep threw an incorrect gear ratio code as the shift points were all over the place. One day driving on the highway it wouldn’t even shift gears. That finally drove me to take to dealer for my second ABS module. Still did not fix problem. They finally traced the wiring and said the right rear wire by the wheel was chaffed so they cut it, rewired a new connector in and I was on my way. A few weeks later the weather was hot and while driving on the highway what do you know...the ABS light comes on. Next day was a bit cooler...no ABS light. About two weeks later the weather warmed up again and the light is back. So for some reason my Jeeps ABS does not like hot weather. Any ideas why this would be happening??? I’m pulling my hair out over here!!!

Geoff

Sent from my iPhone

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I’m reviving my original post. It’s been a little over a year and I’ve had my ABS control module replaced twice and still had the ABS light coming on intermittently. It got to the point where the jeep threw an incorrect gear ratio code as the shift points were all over the place. One day driving on the highway it wouldn’t even shift gears. That finally drove me to take to dealer for my second ABS module. Still did not fix problem. They finally traced the wiring and said the right rear wire by the wheel was chaffed so they cut it, rewired a new connector in and I was on my way. A few weeks later the weather was hot and while driving on the highway what do you know...the ABS light comes on. Next day was a bit cooler...no ABS light. About two weeks later the weather warmed up again and the light is back. So for some reason my Jeeps ABS does not like hot weather. Any ideas why this would be happening??? I’m pulling my hair out over here!!!

Geoff

Sent from my iPhone

Sounds like a move north would take care of the problem.

RCVRY

Strange this is happening with me. Last year ABS light, intermittent. All winter nothing, ran fine. Then last weeks warmup, ABS light.
Hmmm...[emoji848]

Top Bottom