Accuair suspension on Jeep: who else is doing "Peeing Dog" ?

GED

Hello All,

I have a 2022 Jeep Wrangler and had a local shop which specializes in low-rider & off-road suspension install an Accuair suspension.

So far, it turns out to be an unreliable piece of crap.

It's wonderful when it works, but I cannot get through a single trail and have it work as intended out of it.

In addition to getting into red blinking, static red, all white blinking, one behavior it did 3 times so far
is what I call "peeing dog":

The system is in position 2 with the "2" statically lighted up. The two front height wheels & sensor are at around 50%,
the rear driver wheel also, but the rear passenger wheel is physically and as-reported by the height sensor at 100%.

IMG_0611.PNG

The Jeep is twisted like a dog that would be lifting a leg to pee...

This happens while driving and leads to an uncomfortable bouncy ride.

Who else is having problems with their AccuAir suspension?

Last edited:
Have you reached out to ACCUAIR directly yet to get there input? If not I would do that first. Just because a shop installs certain things all the time doesn’t mean they are good at it and could very well be an install error. Wayoflife ran the suspension through everything and anything with no issues so I’d have to assume something is off.

GED

Thank you for the feedback. That's kind of what I'm looking for here.

I'm based in California so Accuair is a bit of a pain to reach in Florida, due to the timezone difference.

I got them once on the phone and was not impressed by their suggestions (push every pin of every connector).

But I'll try again by email.

Thanks

Thank you for the feedback. That's kind of what I'm looking for here.

I'm based in California so Accuair is a bit of a pain to reach in Florida, due to the timezone difference.

I got them once on the phone and was not impressed by their suggestions (push every pin of every connector).

But I'll try again by email.

Thanks
I would certainly start there and see what they say, especially if it’s a software issue. If not, you may have to take it back to the shop to have them take a look at things.

jeeeep

Hooked
Hello All,

I have a 2022 Jeep Wrangler and had a local shop which specializes in low-rider & off-road suspension install an Accuair suspension.

It's wonderful when it works, but I cannot get through a single trail and have it work as intended out of it.

In addition to getting into red blinking, static red, all white blinking, one behavior it did 3 times so far
is what I call "peeing dog":

The system is in position 2 with the "2" statically lighted up. The two front height wheels & sensor are at around 50%,
the rear driver wheel also, but the rear passenger wheel is physically and as-reported by the height sensor at 100%.

View attachment 399174

The Jeep is twisted like a dog that would be lifting a leg to pee...

This happens while driving and leads to an uncomfortable bouncy ride.

Who else is having problems with their AccuAir suspension?

"specializes in low-rider " if it's doing peeing dog, I'd say they installed it per their expertise lol, all joking aside, one thing I've learned over the years of having "professional" shops do work for me, just because they say they specialize doesn't mean shit.

I've learned more from fixing their shit because they were "experts" and did not follow the manufacturer install instructions.

I've also had manufacturers send me faulty parts but that's why now my first move is to contact to the manufacturer, time zone should not be an excuse.

Electrical components have shorts, pushing every pin as suggested sounds like a valid test; very possible the install shop bent a pin in a connector, or one got pushed in and not making full contact.

I'd take it back and have the install shop re-check all connections or personally, I'd get their instructions, disconnect every connector and check the pins and wiring against the instructions.

Spazbyt

Hooked
I would take it to the shop and see if they can help. Especially if they are that familiar with air ride systems.

kevman65

Hooked
To be fair, their suggestion of basically checking every pin on every connector IS the first step. If they're not making contact, your system is going to be wonky. Also could be the ride height position sensors are incorrectly installed.
Or as Jeremy suggested, could be a software issue.

AccuAir probably has a trouble shooting list and they started you at step one. Complete each step until the system works properly.
If you don't want to do this, then the installing shop needs to make it right, on THEIR dime.

Questions?
When on the trail have you turned the sensitivity off? And ride height off?
I gave up on the app and just pay attention to the controller.
I have the accuair suspension in my 08.

JT@623

Hooked
I would doubt many shops are experts at this kit since it is fairly new. Stay in contact with the manufacturer or have the shop that did the install get in contact with them. Most shops are struggling with getting or keeping good help with the exception of a few. So unless you personally know them and have dealt with them in the past you just don’t know.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, sorry to hear you've been having problems with your ACCUAIR system. I can honestly say that I had never experienced anything like it and if I had, I can assure you I would have addressed it in one of our videos.

That said, I'd have to agree with all that has already been stated. This really should be something the shop you paid to install the lift should be taking care of for you. If I could guess, the leveling system was not installed or set correctly and so it's making erroneous corrections based on the initial bad setup. Either way, you paid them to do the work and I would take this up with them.

Jesus dude, it’s hard to consider your request for advice when you’re so whiny.
Hundreds of people have used this system successfully. Either you’re using it wrong or it was installed wrong.

GED

Thanks for your inputs.

The install started back in May, and I have taken my jeep multiple times back to the shop which did the original install.

I have found an AccuAir dealer who seems to know the system better,
and they already identified a couple of problems:
- teflon tape in the manifold exhaust
- the engine exhaust seems to melt the front sensors.
They also have way better access to Accuair than regular shops.

I'll be working with that AccuAir dealer to get it to reliable.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks for your inputs.

The install started back in May, and I have taken my jeep multiple times back to the shop which did the original install.

I have found an AccuAir dealer who seems to know the system better,
and they already identified a couple of problems:
- teflon tape in the manifold exhaust
- the engine exhaust seems to melt the front sensors.
They also have way better access to Accuair than regular shops.

I'll be working with that AccuAir dealer to get it to reliable.
You can’t find the time to call/communicate with accuair because of a time difference but in the seven hours between your original post and this one you have already found an accuair dealer and they have already identified problems? That doesn’t even make sense.

GED

Yeah, I know that doesn't make sense...

So far my experience with the previous shop has been with lots of delays:
- ~ a week or two to get an appointment
- ~ a week for them to formulate a hypothesis with Accuair on what could be going wrong...
- then another week to wait for AccuAir to ship (3 day ground) from Florida to California a part.

So try one thing a month :(
(and I'm sometimes out of the country for a month which does not make it easy to sustain momentum).

Yesterday morning, I went to AccuAir website, and I found that dealer in the region.

I give them a call, and they say: "sure, bring it at 2pm today".
Most shops around here won't see you in less than 2 weeks.
Those guys got me in same day !
They already spent a couple of hours inspecting the system yesterday afternoon.
Of course, since it's a transient problem, it was leaking air in the morning at my home, but rock solid in the afternoon at the dealer's shop,
and this morning at my home, it was leaking again :(

This morning at 8am, I already get a phone callback from the dealer,
and AccuAir is really behind them:
They're shipping overnight a new manifold/valves that will be here tomorrow

My luck seems to have turned, and things are now moving fast.
The AccuAir dealer is extremely responsive,
and the AccuAir company is standing behind them going the extra mile to try to solve my problem.
Really appreciate Nick & Max efforts, and AccuAir's response.

Now, I'm off to disassemble my drawers and fridge slide so that they have an easy access to the ECU & Manifold which are below it.

IMG_1099.jpeg

GED

Dec 15th update:

Parts took two days to arrive to the shop, and were installed same day by Nick's crew:

IMG_1107.jpeg

My third valve manifold is now installed:

IMG_1108.jpeg

And the two front sensors are brand new including brackets and connecting arms. Also a Heat shield was added to each exhaust line:

IMG_1112.jpeg

I was able to take it to some local easy trails & obstacle and repeat what had triggered the intermittent leak behavior last Sunday without any problems.

I have been impressed by the support that Max @ Accuair gave to that California dealer. Off-hours support, overnight shipping of new parts at no cost to me was totally different from my previous experiences over the past months and totally changed my opinion.
Accuair really cares about their systems usage and making sure their customers are satisfied.

The real test for me has to wait until end of January for Winter Jamboree in Hurricane, Utah where I'll be attempting hard trails with my heavy Jeep, but I feel totally confident now that I am as best prepared as can be.

There was also a component of Operator Error (The problem is between the keyboard and the chair as we say in my profession):
The Accuair system has really two modes of operation:
Q: Are you on a flat level surface?
A: yes, you can use all the advanced features (Ride Monitor, Active Start) and the leveling by numbers ("1", "2" & "3")
A: no (typical off-road on a trail case), turn off all the advanced features, do not try the level stuff, and just rely on manually adjusting the bags pressures.
I feel like AccuAir could clarify better those modes/choices in the App.

It is really great when you're on a shelf road in an off-camber situation and you're concerned that you may tip over and roll, just lower the bags on the high side, and you're level again feeling so much more confident on how to pass the obstacle.

For me, I was asking the system to level to "2" while on a trail with quite a lot of flex in the suspension. So the ECU would send air to the bags, but would not see enough movement on the height sensor and thus throw an error code and give up.
I had "RideMonitor" turned on, and so while the Jeep frame is flexed, RideMonitor would kick a bring-it-level with no success throwing another error code. I was expecting too much of that "2" position. There is no IMU/auto-leveling in that system. Just a speed sensor & angle of the arms monitoring.
Also the error code is terminal: the system stops responding, you have to find a flat level spot, park there, turn off the engine, turn the engine back on, wait for the bags to inflate level to number 2 again and then you can resume driving.

An other problem I had is my garage is level, but I have to go down to the bump stops to be able to enter/exit, and my driveway is a 12o pitch so that was not the best place to inflate back to "2" (normal ride height).

Thanks again to Nick & his crew at the local dealer and to Accuair in Florida for working efficiently to resolve my problems in an unbelievably short timeframe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom