Ace (bolt-on) sliders

TheDuff

I had these in combination with the Rubi rails and absolutely HATED them. As a result of where they mount (below the rubi rails) they lessen your ground clearance compared to most other rails.

I was constantly getting hung up on them and my spotter would always be yelling 'on your rail'.

That said, if you are doing light wheeling, sand dunes, fire roads, etc, they will be just fine. They do make a great step and will take abuse. Just for moderate to heavy rock crawling, they absolutely SUCK.

Here's a video of me when I had the Ace rails doing some rock crawling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAf9Oo3I7fU

I got rid of them for the Evo weld on. I couldn't believe how much easier rock crawling is when I wasn't getting hung up on the Ace rails.

Additionally, they do come powder coated, but if you use them, the powder coating comes off really easily. I was constantly touching them up with Rustoleum. I have to touch up the Evo a lot, but even the Evo powder coating (which isn't that good) is much better than the Ace.

If you must have bolt on, I'd also suggest the LOD. They were my second choice.

I had the same experience and Is why I sold mine. Just lose a lot of clearance and end up hitting and dragging them over everything. Funny thing is I'm currently just using my rubi sliders again and rarely hit those. My wife really misses the step they provided and verbally assaults me every time she gets in the jeep now :(

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

suicideking

I had the same experience and Is why I sold mine. Just lose a lot of clearance and end up hitting and dragging them over everything. Funny thing is I'm currently just using my rubi sliders again and rarely hit those. My wife really misses the step they provided and verbally assaults me every time she gets in the jeep now :(

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yup, they were definitely hindering my off road ability. I put some DEEP gouges in them in the process. Rattle canned mine and traded + $150 for a 2012 OEM soft top. Will probably never put the hard top back on again (easy weather in CA). I like the step because of bad knees and wife is 5' 5" and insists. I've been very happy with the Evo.

Last edited:

CCTX50

Any word on Poison Spyder Bolt on Rocker knocker rails? Anyone run these or heard anything?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKU EXTREME

Any word on Poison Spyder Bolt on Rocker knocker rails? Anyone run these or heard anything?

I have read that they are "un-impressive" and better than the previous rocker knockers, and that you have to drill unnecessary holes. This is just what I have read I don't own a pair, I did like them until I read those things on someone's page who installed a pair.

Sithwindu

Those will be my next mod, once I get them installed your more than welcome to check them out CCTx50 we are in the same city

Top Bottom