Ace JK Pro Series Front Bumper w/ stinger vs EVO 1/4 w/ stinger

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I like the looks of the ace, and think the integrated light bar is a cool idea if you dont ever want to put a colored cover on it or anything. I never noticed the 2 bolt per side thing before which would deff make me not want one. I am sure its strong and all but still would freak me out.

Desert Crawler

Was it worth it? I've got the option to cancel it and order something different.

I think the wait was worth it. The reason for the two bolts per side is because the face of it is narrower then the other bumpers mentioned. Then there is another vertical bolt on each side that goes through both sides of the frame rail. I feel the vertical bolt would make up for the loss of the two horizontal ones since they go through both frame rails as opposed to bolting to a plate which is welded to the frame rails like the two you lose. I am not concerned about the strength at all and have never heard of anyone ever having a failure.
I think it boils down to wether you like the look or not. I love mine and have the light bar set up with the factory fog light switch on the column. I also like the fact that it does not look like everybody else's bumper. The great thing about people and jeeps is everyone has their opinion and their are so many options you can customized yours to your liking. If I had to do it again, I would buy the same one.

Napalm

While I like the looks of the ACE, I have to say that I am biased to The EVO 1/4 Pounder with Stinger.

They are both made in America and both look similar, but i prefer the more square rugged looks of the EVO. Also, it seems like according to some install docs. ive looked at for the ACE, The EVO seems to be a little bit easier with less cutting. You only have to cut the crash bar off for the EVO. Now, if you have a 2012 and Up, you do have to relocate the vacuum pump. Although, this is trivial and relatively easy. All and All the install of the 1/4 pounder took me and a friend about an hour or so.

I ran the EVO for over a year, and while I am just a web wheeler, I did have 2 people back into this bumper and one of them was a pretty solid wheel chair van with an aluminum ramp that collided with my stinger. This bumper is a champ and took it as such.

There's a reason why so many of us run these bumpers. :)

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
ACE is local to me so lots of folks here run them. One thing no one has mentioned is weight. The ACE bumper is 1/4" plate. Very strong but also very heavy. Just so you know. Both are good options.

Jake Wilson

I think the wait was worth it. The reason for the two bolts per side is because the face of it is narrower then the other bumpers mentioned. Then there is another vertical bolt on each side that goes through both sides of the frame rail. I feel the vertical bolt would make up for the loss of the two horizontal ones since they go through both frame rails as opposed to bolting to a plate which is welded to the frame rails like the two you lose. I am not concerned about the strength at all and have never heard of anyone ever having a failure.
I think it boils down to wether you like the look or not. I love mine and have the light bar set up with the factory fog light switch on the column. I also like the fact that it does not look like everybody else's bumper. The great thing about people and jeeps is everyone has their opinion and their are so many options you can customized yours to your liking. If I had to do it again, I would buy the same one.

How far does it go over your hood? I was curious how high it is.

Top Bottom