ACE weld on sliders

Hobolobo

Was bugging me so I looked up the sliders. They are NOT compatible with the Rubi rails if you go weld on.

View attachment 100827

Close thread...LOL.

Couple other things to note, no mention of "type" of tubing used (there are different qualities of steel not just thickness) and the price is not that much less than EVO Sliders or the LoD (which can also be welded on if desired).

Missed that little tidbit. Back to EVO or LoD. The only thing holding me back on the EVO is they come unfinished and i have no idea where to get powdercoating done.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Missed that little tidbit. Back to EVO or LoD. The only thing holding me back on the EVO is they come unfinished and i have no idea where to get powdercoating done.

i wouldn't waste money on powder coating. rattle can primer and black paint. these get scratched and easy to re touch.:twocents:

JKWrang

i wouldn't waste money on powder coating. rattle can primer and black paint. these get scratched and easy to re touch.:twocents:

Powder coating is great and all but what he said - spray cans are cheaper and you're gonna scuff those up anyhow (you're getting them because you're wheeling right?) so why pay for more expensive material to leave on a rock lol (the powdercoat, not the slider)

Sent from my SM-P905V using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked

You're in TX, so I'm sure you can price shop a few places.

I found a great deal with a local PCer. It's a bit stronger than rattle can. I have the step angle so wanted that little extra strength. But have used rattle for touch ups several times and blends nicely with a good quality paint.

JKWrang

You're in TX, so I'm sure you can price shop a few places.

I found a great deal with a local PCer. It's a bit stronger than rattle can. I have the step angle so wanted that little extra strength. But have used rattle for touch ups several times and blends nicely with a good quality paint.

FWIW - a little adhesion promoter (duplicolor sells this) goes a long way too. It's basically a clear primer you can put between coats and it helps keep the paint bonded and stronger. Holds up pretty good to abuse like stepping and such.

Sent from my SM-P905V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom