Action Truck conversion

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I think Teraflex is now the 3rd owner/distributor of this particular kit.

It may not be ideal for those with the cash. I do like the AEV and JK8 conversions. But this kit is $6k and pretty much a do it yourself job.

Never seen one in person to be able to speak to the quality of the parts. May be only a matter of time though.

It probably does have a market. Need a non full size pickup, don't have the money for a Brute or JK8. This conversion may fit the need.

Up here we have not had a regular cab compact truck in some time and the older ones are shot. We Canadian's do not get as many vehicle options as our southern friends.

I just file it under curious.

I posted the financial argument earlier, but then realized something....if you spend 6K on the teraflex kit and tried to sell the jeep, that 6K goes down the tubes. No one will pay extra for it. However, if you do a full AEV truck conversion, you CAN recoup a decent chunk of change.

Indefatigable

I posted the financial argument earlier, but then realized something....if you spend 6K on the teraflex kit and tried to sell the jeep, that 6K goes down the tubes. No one will pay extra for it. However, if you do a full AEV truck conversion, you CAN recoup a decent chunk of change.

Around where I am, it is quite rare to find someone who will pay the extra for a JK8. That extra cost is just far too much to swallow. They do tend to rot on dealer lots due to the price. But I can see the appeal of the entry cost with this kit. Time will tell how well this sells.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Around where I am, it is quite rare to find someone who will pay the extra for a JK8. That extra cost is just far too much to swallow. They do tend to rot on dealer lots due to the price. But I can see the appeal of the entry cost with this kit. Time will tell how well this sells.

While most of us wouldn't pay for it, I've seen a fair amount of those texas jeeps, AEV jeeps, and a few JK8s on the road, which tells me that there ARE people that will pay for it. Daddy's rich kids, those that have the money but not the time to build it themselves, etc. I agree with you though, you won't unload it in a weekend like you could with a regular wrangler.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If jeep doesn't make a truck in 2016 I will seriously consider a JK8 or the new model with a truck conversion. I want a truck and want to keep it jeep.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
If jeep doesn't make a truck in 2016 I will seriously consider a JK8 or the new model with a truck conversion. I want a truck and want to keep it jeep.

Seems like Brutes start at $29,999, which isn't crazy. For people like you (that don't want tons of mods out of the box, but rather build it yourself) the DC250 may be a decent purchase. Plus, you can sell a lot of the AEV stuff you remove.

http://www.aev-conversions.com/vehicles/brute-double-cab

According to Chrysler's "through 2018 plans" there are no Jeep pickups on the burner.

EDIT, Im a dumbass....missed the fine print where it says "price doesn't include the base vehicle."

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Seems like Brutes start at $29,999, which isn't crazy. For people like you (that don't want tons of mods out of the box, but rather build it yourself) the DC250 may be a decent purchase. Plus, you can sell a lot of the AEV stuff you remove.

http://www.aev-conversions.com/vehicles/brute-double-cab

According to Chrysler's "through 2018 plans" there are no Jeep pickups on the burner.

EDIT, Im a dumbass....missed the fine print where it says "price doesn't include the base vehicle."

I would buy a stock JK8 from the dealer. Keep it relatively stock. I have my other jeep to play with at that point.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I would buy a stock JK8 from the dealer. Keep it relatively stock. I have my other jeep to play with at that point.

Not me, I got to drive the J8 for about an hour. Horrible blind spots and you can't really use the bed.

AEV is the only way to go for truck conversions at this point.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
All this talk about JK8 and AEVs how could we forget about ORE and RESQ1?!?! Not a "kit" and probably way more expensive but damn that is a great looking "jeep truck". :yup:

I just checked a local AEV dealer in the DFW area and they have a Brute 4 dr with a Hemi conversion kit for the low low price of $84k. Not really worth it to me at that price.

Sent from my fRuit product using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom