Adjustable Trackbars. Looking for advice!! HALP!

DallasJKU

I added my JKS front TB yesterday. I was able to center the axle and this bar is quite a bit stiffer than stock. Definitely more feedback through the steering wheel. Not sure if I like the tighter, heavier steering, but I will give it a week or so to get used to it.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I just finally installed my rear TF bracket which seems nice and was easy. After re-reading this really need to check that my jks bars dont hit the diff covers

JethroJK

I added my JKS front TB yesterday. I was able to center the axle and this bar is quite a bit stiffer than stock. Definitely more feedback through the steering wheel. Not sure if I like the tighter, heavier steering, but I will give it a week or so to get used to it.

I am looking at this TB, has it rubbed your diff cover as some have previously reported?

JethroJK

Depends. If the relocation bracket gives you enough correction that your axle is centered with your factory track bar, that's probably what I would run. Most adjustable track bars are made to be LONGER than OE and when installed in conjunction to a relocation bracket, can often times cause over correction. In otherwords, your axle will be off center the other way.

Teraflex sent me the rear relocation axle bracket which raised the track bar but even with that installed the driver side rear tire sticks out about 3/4 of an inch more that passenger. So would I also install a ATB to fix that off center?

ghostjk

I'm running the teraflex rear, axle side trac bar relocation bracket, and the jks adjustable rear trac bar. My rear axle is centered perfectly with the combo, but I'm running a 4in Tera lift with 1in spacer on top. The jks trac bar is set at almost the shortest allowable adjustment to center my axle. So if you have a smaller lift it may not work is what I'm thinking.

dchew

Teraflex sent me the rear relocation axle bracket which raised the track bar but even with that installed the driver side rear tire sticks out about 3/4 of an inch more that passenger. So would I also install a ATB to fix that off center?

Have you driven your Jeep since installing the relocation bracket? Be sure to drive it around a bit before you jump to an ATB. I have a different lift, but mine came right in to within a 1/4" after the suspension moved around and found its happy place from just a few miles.

If the driver side tire sticks out more, that means your current track bar is too long. As Eddie pointed out most ATB's are meant to go longer. As the Jeep gets more lift, the stock track bar tends to swing the axle toward the passenger side. You should probably make sure whichever you purchase can get at least 1/2" shorter than stock. You have to move your axle 3/8" to get it centered, and if you add weight later or if your springs sag a bit over time, your axle will swing even farther toward the driver side.

Dave

JethroJK

Have you driven your Jeep since installing the relocation bracket? Be sure to drive it around a bit before you jump to an ATB. I have a different lift, but mine came right in to within a 1/4" after the suspension moved around and found its happy place from just a few miles.

If the driver side tire sticks out more, that means your current track bar is too long. As Eddie pointed out most ATB's are meant to go longer. As the Jeep gets more lift, the stock track bar tends to swing the axle toward the passenger side. You should probably make sure whichever you purchase can get at least 1/2" shorter than stock. You have to move your axle 3/8" to get it centered, and if you add weight later or if your springs sag a bit over time, your axle will swing even farther toward the driver side.

Dave

The fact that the driver side sticks out more is exactly why I was wondering what to do because it is the factory TB with a TeraFlex 2.5 BB. That is it. I added the new TB bracket yesterday and it appears to stick out more on drivers side. I will drive today and see if it settles in. The same thing is happening with front, sticks out more drivers side with factory TB and only addition was the lift.
I would of thought it would have gone the other direction with the factory TB.

dchew

I'm sure you know but the front is opposite. A shift to the driver side means you need more length on the front. Are you measuring to the body or frame? My body is not all that true.

bl17z90

Does th eevo flip kit have different mounting points for a track bar depending on how much lift you have? What i mean is how does it work with a 3 inch or a 4 or even a 4.5 if you don't have an ATB.

BTW my JKS bars are really beefy.

JethroJK

I'm sure you know but the front is opposite. A shift to the driver side means you need more length on the front. Are you measuring to the body or frame? My body is not all that true.

So to be honest I didn't think that front was opposite but makes sense once I looked under the Jeep and thought about it. Also measuring to frame seems to be the right answer where as I measuring to body. I will re-measure tonight. Now with that said by looking at the Jeep visually you can see the rear axle sits under the body more to the driver's side vice passenger. To me that makes no sense because after I installed the lift I had to re-install the factory track bar into the factory mounts because the bracket they sent was wrong. At that time it sit more to driver's side and then after I installed the new bracket it sit more to driver's side which makes sense. So I am wondering if I should put it back to factory mounts to get it to center?

But why would this be that way? Was it offset to driver from the beginning (from the factory) but because it had factory tires on it and I didn't really look at it prior to installing the lift? Just interesting to me that it would be offset to driver's side with the lift on and factory track bar in factory mounts prior to installing track bar bracket.

dchew

Does th eevo flip kit have different mounting points for a track bar depending on how much lift you have? What i mean is how does it work with a 3 inch or a 4 or even a 4.5 if you don't have an ATB.

BTW my JKS bars are really beefy.

No there is only one mounting point. Personally I think the main benefit of the EVO DLFK is to raise the mounting point of both drag link and track bar, which keeps them parallel and at less steep of an angle. I don't think a 1/2" left or right axle position really matters. We aren't building race cars for the track, and off road I doubt it matters at all. The axle is going up, down and all around, so the track bar is gonna move the axle all over the place anyway.

Simply getting an ATB will solve the L/R problem but not the other angle/geometry problem. The DLFK solves both issues, although not precisely. Obviously the most elegant solution is both, but as many have argued that may not be necessary.

Dave

Top Bottom