Advice, First upgrades should be?

Emptybrass

One of the first things I did to both of my rigs were better headlights. Anything over the factories candlelight’s. Like others have said, basic recovery and take an off road 101. You will be surprised how much it can out wheel you if you have never done it before.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Battle Born JK

The very 1st thing I bought was a winch and recovery gear and went from there. And I watched a lot of wheeling videos. And went out and wheeled and never looked back.

WranglerWilly83

Where in Florida are you?

Great advice so far. I'll add my 2 cents.

Step 1 and this is free. Avoid all the bolt on or stick on crap from China. So much of those 200 page catalogs do nothing but crap up your jeep and waste your money.

Step 2- and this is needed before you can go on to step 3. Cb radio (even a handheld is okay, or a Cobra 75, or a mini size like a Midland 1001. 30' tow strap with loops, not hooks. 10' strap for trees. 2, 3/4" d-rings. Gloves. First aid kit. Flash light or headlamp.

Step 2a, because you're in Florida like me: Extend your vent lines. Google it. Cost about $10 for 3/8" rubber hose and a couple of barb fittings. Get the rear axle breather hose up behind the passenger tail light. Get the front axle hose extended up towards the brake booster. Keeps the water out of your axles.

Step 3- join a club and hit some trails!

If you want to upgrade, I'd start with a stubby front bumper and warn winch (M8000S is my recommendation).

You'd be amazed how capable your Jk is the way it sits. Get out and enjoy it. Don't worry about some custom "pin striping" from the bushes, most will buff out. The rest are badges of honor.

With a 6 speed you really don't need skids unless you're getting into boulders. You'll be fine with the factory stuff.

Man thank you so much!! I’m in Tampa by they way.. not much trails close by unfortunately (that I know of). I’m going to def get a CB and how vital is step
2A? I’m like stressing now needing to do that.... I don’t even fully understand it but I’m going to research. Going to do the wench for sure also. Thanks again! I still also want to get the plates on the bottom tho just for extra protection just in case too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
A few others have already said this, but I will too. The best dollar for dollar upgrade I did was to replace my stock head lights with Trucklites. You can choose another brand of LED headlight, and they will be a huge improvement on and off the road. Recovery gear is important too, but seeing where you are going is crucial at night and you’re likely to use them everyday.

Parks34

A few others have already said this, but I will too. The best dollar for dollar upgrade I did was to replace my stock head lights with Trucklites. You can choose another brand of LED headlight, and they will be a huge improvement on and off the road. Recovery gear is important too, but seeing where you are going is crucial at night and you’re likely to use them everyday.

Definitely agree. Idk how those stock headlights passed dot inspection honestly

Top Bottom