Advice on what I can do with budget.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Great advice here and I'll chime in with my 2 cents.

You don't have the budget to correctly go to 37's in one shot. So do some stages.

If it was my Jeep- I'd get 35's right away (they only measure 33" anyways) and a lift. Depending on budget, you can run the gamut from a 2" budget boost and rancho shocks, next step up is a Rancho 2", or if you can swing it, get the EVO enforcer 3" stage 1. If you need more clearance, trim the fenders for free. Figure $2500?

Enjoy off roading and learn your rig. As long as you don't hammer on the gas, spin tires while trying to climb a big hill or rock, the front end should last a while.

Then focus on some protection- skid plate, bumpers, winch, tire carrier, etc. $1,500-ish depending on options

Save up and do a Dana 44 front axle, gears and lockers (trail leader package)- even with your 35's, 4.88's are fine. Do the front driveshaft too. $7000

Save up some more and get 37's. If the 35's are still in decent shape, sell 'em.

Then you can save up more for bigger brakes and hydro assist steering to deal with the 37's- if you ever decide to step up to 37's.

My best advice is don't go throw a bunch of debit on the credit card, build as you save up. Plus you'll feel better about the mods not making payments on them.

Gbint

Wow... all good solid advice for all build directions. Some were saying stock is very capable! You bet it is. My budget put me into a 2 inch lift with 33BFG’s, a 10,000 winch, high-lift jack, lots of belly protection, better lighting, etc. With some smart and careful line choices I have been pretty unstoppable going low and slow in these B.C. mountains. Plus... a few bucks left over for a good off-roading vacation. Ya... doesn’t look as cool but I’m comfortable with my penis size, which ain’t saying much [emoji4][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
We have a hard headed marine buddy who refuses to upgrade his tires. With a 2" lift and LOTS of winching, dragging, and scraping, he did every trail we did in Moab besides Pritchett Canyon (we forced him to leave it in camp for that day).

View attachment 308394

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
We have a hard headed marine buddy who refuses to upgrade his tires. With a 2" lift and LOTS of winching, dragging, and scraping, he did every trail we did in Moab besides Pritchett Canyon (we forced him to leave it camp for that day).

That’s awesome! I wanna wheel with that guy! Haha

fiend

Caught the Bug
We have a hard headed marine buddy who refuses to upgrade his tires. With a 2" lift and LOTS of winching, dragging, and scraping, he did every trail we did in Moab besides Pritchett Canyon (we forced him to leave it camp for that day).

View attachment 308394

Lots of thinking too, it appears. Such as, “maybe I should get some bigger tires.” [emoji23] IMG_4634.JPG

Top Bottom