Advice wanted

MVSicari

Thanks for all the replies gents. Like I said i'm not going to be buying for quite some time out, I just wanted to get some ideas and insight and I have recieved just that. Thank you for your time =)

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Rubicon I think is a great way to go. Even if you don't think you'll use the rubi features it would be nice to have just in case you get into a situation where you need them. On the other hand you can buy a sport and get a front bumper and a winch. Just a thought

1yellowjk

When I traded my JKU I was in the same boat, being that I was looking at making money on my trade I could have bought either vehicle (Rubi or Sport, Sahara is not something I care about) When I looked at the numbers and what I was paying for I came to the conclusion that the sport was better for my needs.

I knew I was going to replace the bumpers/suspension/tires and wheels and sliders, so all the things that come on a Rubi, less the front 44, gears and lockers andtransfer case, would be gone. I knew I wanted a good weekend crawler and yet something I could drive back and forth to work on base.

The only thing I wish I would have done is picked up and auto and not the 6 speed, but it is what it is.

I was able to sell all my stock parts except my springs, which I plan to make a table for my man cave with. In the end you really have to look at what you plan to change and what you want to do. Don't pay for things you plan to replace if you can help it, and if you're handy in the garage don't pay for dealer add-on's.

MVSicari

When I traded my JKU I was in the same boat, being that I was looking at making money on my trade I could have bought either vehicle (Rubi or Sport, Sahara is not something I care about) When I looked at the numbers and what I was paying for I came to the conclusion that the sport was better for my needs.

I knew I was going to replace the bumpers/suspension/tires and wheels and sliders, so all the things that come on a Rubi, less the front 44, gears and lockers andtransfer case, would be gone. I knew I wanted a good weekend crawler and yet something I could drive back and forth to work on base.

The only thing I wish I would have done is picked up and auto and not the 6 speed, but it is what it is.

I was able to sell all my stock parts except my springs, which I plan to make a table for my man cave with. In the end you really have to look at what you plan to change and what you want to do. Don't pay for things you plan to replace if you can help it, and if you're handy in the garage don't pay for dealer add-on's.

Why did you get rid of the JKU for the 2 Door if you don't mind me asking?

1yellowjk

I bought my JKU as a family SUV, then decided to mod it and make it a trail ride, wife and kids don't like off roading so I sold it for a two door. Both have their good and bad points, I like my 2 door more than I enjoyed my JKU, plus the new motor is awesome! :)

Top Bottom