AEV 5.7L radiator

desertrunner

That’s a bummer! So the 4 door is still out of commission for the time being?
yeah for now. the upper mount they have is easy to remove on its own without taking a bunch of other stuff off so i am going to re install most of it and see what they come up with. I have it 90% put back together for now

desertrunner

So looks like the root of the problem is how loose the ends of the mount that attach to the jeep with those rubber isolators. It just moves enough to lift it up off the radiator so they are going to get a new one made for me sometime the beginning of next week and ship it out

desertrunner

Yeah they have been super awesome to work with. And I'm trying to get it done as quick as I can. Just in case for some reason their new mount doesn't work out and it cracks again maybe they will be willing to work with me again. These radiators aren't cheap and they were awesome enough to send me this one for free even though the original one specifically said it does not have a warranty. So sure kinda a pain to wait but I have faith that if this doesn't work out they will work with me to make it right.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Yeah they have been super awesome to work with. And I'm trying to get it done as quick as I can. Just in case for some reason their new mount doesn't work out and it cracks again maybe they will be willing to work with me again. These radiators aren't cheap and they were awesome enough to send me this one for free even though the original one specifically said it does not have a warranty. So sure kinda a pain to wait but I have faith that if this doesn't work out they will work with me to make it right.
I’ll bet it’s not cheap, but hopefully their new mount will keep the life of the radiator up.

desertrunner

Realized I never posted the final mount they sent me. So this is the finished product. They doubled up some of the bracket and made the end mointing points much tighter. They also made the top channel go down farther the back of the radiator so now it still flexes but doesnt pop off the top. So far so good. 20211211_173927.jpg

Brute

Hooked
Realized I never posted the final mount they sent me. So this is the finished product. They doubled up some of the bracket and made the end mointing points much tighter. They also made the top channel go down farther the back of the radiator so now it still flexes but doesnt pop off the top. So far so good. View attachment 372239
I hope it is the last one…

Top Bottom