After JK what happens to us?

BlackKnight

It's my understanding that the refresh will be in 2016 for the Wrangler. If the refresh look anything like the ones that were recently showcased, I think the one I wouls go with would be the "recon" with a diesel engine, which looked very close to the JK i'll be purchacing torward the end of summer, so other than the engine change, I'd probably not be considering a change till my JK gets old enough or broken enough to warrent it..

EasyE

I predict a lighter more flexible version with increased torque. A more intelligent drive train and a cleared up undercarriage.

The new breed will not have to sacrifice utility for capability.

I expect to see more modern materials in the production construction and not just prototypes .. More carbon fiber, Kevlar, structural fabrics, aluminum, photovoltaic coatings and plastics with better memories..

I just don't know if I can wait for it all to happen....the JK is so far from the old Willys that it seems futuristic right now....

1BAMFR

You can become a hater on the "new JK"...just like all the TJ guys are JK Haters!

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::D

Benito

Caught the Bug
Thanks for all the thoughts and opinions on the subject. I don't want the community to break up or for JK'ers to become haters. Or for JK's to become irrelevant in the eyes of the aftermarket

TheStick

I really wouldn't worry about it. Again, a great thing about Jeeps, they're classic. The JK is only the 3rd generation wrangler. Not like we are chasing our tails with the latest iPhone each year ;)

Chechenzko

I'm sure it will - I have no doubts about it. However, it is our hope that with WAYALIFE, we can create of community of "Jeepers" who enjoy the lifestyle more than just fans of a specific model of Jeep.

This is why I felt confident to join the forum despite of me owning a YJ & TJ! In The end they're jeeps and my dad wanted a 1996 LR Defender 90 but The truth is that jeep is a more humble Brand, specially for mexicans!

Sent from my Smartphone using WAYALIFE app

jhires

I think that with the record sales of wranglers since the JK came out it could be both a good thing and a bad thing. Having record sales means more availability both in the used rig market as well as aftermarket parts. This brings prices down making it easier for us to do what we want.

But record sales can have it's consequences. It is the time when marketing usually steps in and says "we could expand our market if..." or "we could have more sales if..." or worse yet "We would have a more broad consumer appeal if we could just do ..." (That's how you wind up with a Jeep Cherokee with independent front and rear suspension that lifts tires going over small ruts.)

Either way, I'm guessing that most people didn't buy a JK because it was a JK, they bought it because it was a Wrangler. I plan on keeping mine for the long run. I didn't buy it because it was a JK, I bought it because it could take me places no other rig can, it is still simple enough that I can modify it myself, and the top and doors come off. It has room for me, my wife, our dog, and gear.

Top Bottom