Air Intake Options

RCVRY

I searched salvage yards in your area and found several air boxes ranging from $40-100 in the Anchorage area.
Screenshot_20171020-211531.png
Hope it's ok to post that. Site was really helpful finding parts for my YJ.

Sent from my SM-G930T using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Airaid has a nice enclosed air box if you don’t wanna go back to stock. Otherwise I would say the stock box is you me best bet. You can prob find one for cheap on here or maybe even craigslist
I second this, I went with the airaid kit after I hydrolocked my 3.8L with a Jerry rigged K&N filter zip tied to a random piece of pipe I got at auto zone.
I was pretty impressed at how sealed the airaid kit was.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

sm31

I searched salvage yards in your area and found several air boxes ranging from $40-100 in the Anchorage area.
Hope it's ok to post that. Site was really helpful finding parts for my YJ.

Sent from my SM-G930T using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wow! Thankyou! I'll check this out. I haven't had any luck on Craigslist, etc. so I didn't know what to do next. I'm fairly new to AK so I don't know how to "navigate very well yet. It certainly is different from the lower 48...

sm31

Thanks for the advice on the Air aid kit! If I can't get a stock replacement I may just go that route. This is the first kit I've heard consistently good reviews on.

benatc1

Hooked
Had the Banks ram air on my old 2012 2 door, actually liked the sound but decreased my mileage and heard lots of stories about damage so when i went to my 4 door I kept it stock and never felt like I was missing anything

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Here is a shot of the mess the thieves created... along with a fresh coat of Alaska river silt. You can see the stock intake tube with the dirty old K&N (from who knows where or what) rigged onto it. I'll be cleaning the K&N asap.

Yeah that’s Janky. I might still have an extra air box I’ll look for it.

LetsGoMuddin

Did you build your own intake or buy one? How are cowl intakes for hydro-lock? Is the scoop a necessary addition? My only concern with a cowl intake is cutting the hole in the firewall. Other than that, I don't know much about them but I'm interested! Thanks!
I made it on my own, I used a Ford expedition intake box and ran it into the cowl. You wouldn't need a scoop, that would be an extra.

tdans

Here is a shot of the mess the thieves created... along with a fresh coat of Alaska river silt. You can see the stock intake tube with the dirty old K&N (from who knows where or what) rigged onto it. I'll be cleaning the K&N asap.

Ha that looks good! I can’t see any reason to change it! [emoji1362]

sm31

I'm in luck! Northwest auto "thinks" they have one out in the yard. $65... Fingers crossed! Thanks again everyone! If it's a dry hole I'll update the thread with the next option...

Top Bottom