Air Options for 37's

suicideking

With it under your passenger seat is it mounted to the floor or does it just sit in there nicely? Also, what about the heat from the compressor? Could it burn/melt the carpet or the seat at all? Was it difficult to run the wires to the battery to power the unit?

I had it installed by a shop, so will answer what I can.

They installed it on a bracket that bolts to the bottom of the seat, so it hangs upside down, doesn't touch the carpet. Plenty of space under there. It does take a little more effort to slide the seat back and forth, but not a big deal. I originally wanted it mounted in the storage, but they didn't want to run power extender cables all the way back there. They preferred to do the under seat bracket. The wires go through the floor.

I've been using it for over a year, no issues other than it is a bit noisy. I might eventually get a small compressor mounted under the hood to just run the lockers and only use the dual ARB for airing up.

TNuggs13

I had it installed by a shop, so will answer what I can.

They installed it on a bracket that bolts to the bottom of the seat, so it hangs upside down, doesn't touch the carpet. Plenty of space under there. It does take a little more effort to slide the seat back and forth, but not a big deal. I originally wanted it mounted in the storage, but they didn't want to run power extender cables all the way back there. They preferred to do the under seat bracket. The wires go through the floor.

I've been using it for over a year, no issues other than it is a bit noisy. I might eventually get a small compressor mounted under the hood to just run the lockers and only use the dual ARB for airing up.

Was it a custom bracket or can you buy it to mount there? Just getting started with the research for OBA. Thanks for the info!

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Might be a little off subject, but what do you guys typically air down to when wheeling. I never have due to not having OBA and it's not a necessity with the light wheeling and where I wheel. Just thinking about eventually getting OBA just to have it there when needed. I run 35s without bead locks. What is a safe air down pressure?

suicideking

Was it a custom bracket or can you buy it to mount there? Just getting started with the research for OBA. Thanks for the info!

It was a custom mounting plate. If you decide to go that route, let me know. I can give you the email of the shop that did it. I'm sure they would tell you what mount it is.

Might be a little off subject, but what do you guys typically air down to when wheeling. I never have due to not having OBA and it's not a necessity with the light wheeling and where I wheel. Just thinking about eventually getting OBA just to have it there when needed. I run 35s without bead locks. What is a safe air down pressure?

I usually air down to 10 for rock crawling. Seems to be the sweet spot.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
It was a custom mounting plate. If you decide to go that route, let me know. I can give you the email of the shop that did it. I'm sure they would tell you what mount it is.

I usually air down to 10 for rock crawling. Seems to be the sweet spot.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know :thumb:

Top Bottom