Alignment after EVO 3" Enforcer

devonn216

So I installed my 3" EVO Enforcer lift with drag link flip the other day. It drove great right after install, but I could tell the alignment was off because my tires were much louder than they had been. I took it in to a professional shop to have it aligned just to be safe and what not. These are the results:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464979153.557805.jpg

This kit came with front lower adjustable control arms to fix the caster. However, the guy told me that adjusting the control arms to get the caster to 4.2 would through my camber off and have it start pulling on way or the other. Is this correct? He said since it drives fine and doesn't pull, I should just leave it as is.

What about the rear end? Anything need to be done back there?

Thanks guys!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

He's an idiot. It's a solid axle. Adjusting caster will have no effect on camber. Same wth the rear, it's a solid axle so nothing can be done.

devonn216

He's an idiot. It's a solid axle. Adjusting caster will have no effect on camber. Same wth the rear, it's a solid axle so nothing can be done.

So I should go back and have them adjust my front lower control arms until the caster is back to 4.2?

Ctimrun

Go back? Fuck no. I wouldn't let that guy wipe bird shit off of my hood. Do it yourself, it's really not that hard.

This ^

Guy obviously doesn't know what he's talking about, so I guess the best thing to do is just make shit up. If you go back then go back and demand they refund your money because they didn't do anything for you. I guess they adjusted your toe, but you could have done that yourself really easily.

scull20

x8 to what everyone said above.

I installed my 3" enforcer not too long ago and adjusted the caster angle in my driveway with an angle finder, tape measure and channel locks in about 15 min.

As far as tire noise...I put mud grapplers on, so there was a noticeable difference regardless.

Improperly set caster will have a negative effect on your driveline due to the added vibrations.

WJCO

Meme King
I can't see caster causing tire noise. Next time it does it let off the throttle or put the vehicle in neutral. See if noise changes. If tires are noisy the noise will stay the same. If noise changes, it's a drive line noise. And that mechanic is full of shit too.

devonn216

Does anyone know where to get an angle finder? What stores carry them so I don't have to order one online.

Edit: well that was a dumb question. I'm going to try and go to Lowes after drill today or tomorrow and pick one up. If not I'll get one Monday and set the caster.

Last edited:

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Does anyone know where to get an angle finder? What stores carry them so I don't have to order one online.

Edit: well that was a dumb question. I'm going to try and go to Lowes after drill today or tomorrow and pick one up. If not I'll get one Monday and set the caster.

Harbor Freight, lowes, home depot to name a few.

thardy

Banned

It wouldn't be perfect, but do you have a smartphone? You can usually get an app that will give you fairly accurate readings too.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

I got mine off amazon, but home depot, lowes, pretty much any hardware store should have one... I prefer one with a magnet like this

Attachments

• 1465049352918.jpg
    1465049352918.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 76
Top Bottom