Alignment issues

Basscat

You’re always going to have a bit more + caster on passenger side to account for crown in road but factory caster is around 4+. No one mentioned the lack of toe? You should b3 running about .2 for total toe. That’s about .10 per side on your print out. Toe in (1/8” or so) will help you track better.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

PEACEMAKER1

maybe read through Eddie's nice post here:

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...Front-End-Alignment?highlight=front+alignment

Since you just installed a complete set of adjustable CAs, you should start by checking the basics like are your axles centered from L to R? Are they in line with each other (i.e., not rotated under the vehicle)? Then, after you have determined the axle positions are correct, then you can start checking to make sure your castor is correct and that you have the correct toe in (1/8"). I think everyone has provided good advice one way or another, but I still suggest starting with Eddie's post above and going from there :)

Bierpower

Hooked
I hope you didn't pay for that alignment. They didn't do anything at all. If they did it was just adjusting the steering wheel. Look at the numbers for steer ahead vs toe angle. Total toe never changes, camber never changes. Toe and steer ahead all shift to the left by .09 degrees. All they did was turn the steering wheel left.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
I’m not sure if it would show up on the alignment spec sheet, but it’s possible that your front axle is clocked slightly to the right. Get a measuring tape and check whether the length of both front lower control arms is the same right and left , and the length of both front upper control arms is the same right and left.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I was going to say the same thing. Ensure LCA's are the same length and UCA's are the same length. Some times you can adjust one of the 3 a half turn or so to get the holes to line up. I do remember on my install I could get 3 of 4 bolts through on the axle end easily but that 4th took some creativity with a punch and a BFH. For what it's worth I'm running about 4.8° of caster measured at the pinion flange. It tracks straight on flat roads but will have a tendency to pull with road crown or wind.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom