Ali's Tank Green Build/Blog

ali@home

I have been meaning to post this thread since I bought the car --more so to share photos and experiences along with a way for me to keep a log of my "jeep life". I picked this car up back in July after having my eyes on a Jeep for some time. This is my first off road vehicle and so far I couldn't be happier.

I debated for awhile between getting a sport or a rubicon but i finally went for the rubicon, I just liked the idea of how capable the jeep is right out of the factory. Also reading up on here all signs pointed to rubicon. Prior to the jeep my only off road experience was using my friend's defenders, and pick up trucks, so as of now this thing is way more capable than I am.

Heres my intro thread when I first picked up it:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?29686-First-Time-Jeeper-Long-Time-Creeper

First weekend I took it up to Gorman. I figured gorman would be the best place to learn more about the jeep, here are some photos and a short clip of an ATV hitting me head on! luckily there was no damage and everyone was okay haha

My next run was on my birthday with wayalife at Rowher Flats. I must say I was nervous for this one, the one time I went was back in high school with my friend in his Landrover defender and we had an axle break on us... luckily the WAL crew made this run a breeze. I learned so much by going with a group, highly recommended. Here are some photos:

Let the (small) mods begin! First "mod" I did was Huper Ceramic- Drais tint on the windows and windshield. 50%. This stuff is the best on the market and the only tint I like to put on my vehicles.

I also added a protective film on the outside of the windshield to hopefully prevent rock chips and/or a shattered windshield. From what I hear these windshields are prone breaking. Its my first time trying this product so I cant yet say how much I like it, but I will report back if my window ever breaks. So far so good.

All my tint/ protective film was done at STM in Ktown Los Angeles, the best work ive ever seen, and ive been going for years now.

I finally got around to giving it a full "new car detail" photos with the finish:

I also picked up and installed the Racor lift that everyone recommended, works like a charm. I also put on the mopar headliner. , nothing special but looks good and suppose to keep heat out. Heres how it looks:

After that I basically enjoyed the rest of summer with the top off.

My cousin who was looking to purchase a car and once I took him on a few runs and let him drive the jeep around town he was sold!

Next mod... Headlights

I could not decide for the life of me if I wanted JWs or Trucklites. After reading a bunch of reviews I came to the conclusion that both were great. I basically went for JW speakers because I got a great deal on them at the off road expo and I like how they looked.

Either way you go it will be so much better than stock, now I can actually see!
I also had Hann at STM wrap the Headlights and the front grille to protect against rock chips.

On Black Friday we planned to get as far away from any retail retail stores, so we planned a day trip to Frazier Park. Unfortunately we didn't know that once the first snow fall comes ALL trails there are closed until spring. We were hoping to go by Jeep Miller Trail but had no luck.

Instead we found some back roads and eventually made our way to Gorman. Trails were okay but I was able to get some cool photos of the Jeeps together as well as get my cousin more familiar with getting his jeep around some obstacles.

Anyone thats in the SoCal / Los Angeles Area looking to put together any runs give me a PM and I would like to join in!

I am also looking for some snow suggestions. We’ve been getting some good snow out here so I have a few trips planned for big bear, mammoth, and lake tahoe. I am wondering what my options are for a roof rack or rails, just want a place to put the snowboards/ skis. How do you guys transport your gear? I would just fold the seats down but I may have 3-4 people and maybe my dog. Also... any snow chains suggestions for the rubicon tires? Is that needed?

Anyways, not sure what my next mod will be, trying to hold out and get some suspension soon… But i would really like to see this thing on 37s sooner than later!

Lil Nasty

I noticed how you run your straps on the top lift. (I have the same lift) I would suggest coming out at the rear door corners instead. The weight of my top broke the fiberglass lip in the front running the straps the way you have them. I use a few microfiber rags to protect the paint from the straps. Just my advice.

ali@home

Good thread, jealous of the places in your pics!!! oh, and tank color for the win 

Thanks, hopefully more to come.

I noticed how you run your straps on the top lift. (I have the same lift) I would suggest coming out at the rear door corners instead. The weight of my top broke the fiberglass lip in the front running the straps the way you have them. I use a few microfiber rags to protect the paint from the straps. Just my advice.

Thanks for the heads up! I was worried about that actually. So you suggest just wrapping it from the trunk glass corner to the top of the rear doors corner? Ill try it that way the next time I take the roof off. :thumb:

Maz

Nice thread Ali. We enjoyed off roading with you that day at Rhower Flats.
Since you live around me, you can pm me anytime you like to hit a trail as I am almost always ready. Lol !!!

ali@home

Nice thread Ali. We enjoyed off roading with you that day at Rhower Flats.
Since you live around me, you can pm me anytime you like to hit a trail as I am almost always ready. Lol !!!

Hey Maz, great to hear from you! Ill shoot you a PM. I have been meaning to link up.

Top Bottom