All 6 Speed Manuals with 3.6l Check IN

Wethy

14 2dr base sport. only option was 3.73's with the manual. i do a lot of driving all over and different roads/grades. i get around 21 mpg average both city and hwy. up here in canada thats less than 9L/100k. i do love my manual but with the 255/75/17's i do notice that around town i do a lot of shifting between 1st 2nd and 3rd very quickly. so one downside to deeper gears and stock tires i guess; thats just my two cents though

still stock although the lift is sitting in the garage just waiting for the AT2 extremes to show up on the dog sleds here in the great white north..... aka backordered :(

RubiHB

2015 JKUR with 6spd manual. Works fine. Just a bit harder to use the CB or ham radio while in town driving. Working on a sweet solution for that in spare time though.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
2015 JKUR with 6 speed here. Ordered it the way I want it. I have noticed the trans to be a bit more "sloppy" then that of my previous sports cars, also, a bit of grinding (usually from 2nd to 3rd) when "shifting fast" but it's a jeep, when I'm not in a hurry, everything's fine. :yep:

Still happy with my decision, don't wish is any other way

rabbitdave

Paring Brake Sucks

Semi-Stock '13 White JK Sport 6 spd with just air and uconnect. Love it even after 30K. 17.8mpg city and 19 hwy. Added a steal bumper w/ winch and 265/70 18R wheels. The only bad thing so far is the crappy parking break. It does not hold worth anything and is hard to adjust to get it to work. The manual shifting is a second layer of carjacking prevention now days. Off-roading following the guys with lifts and 35's and I can go where they go. Beat them going up and down the hills all day long. Love the stock jeeps.

Strider

Good luck finding a bare bones jeep anywhere. After looking for one myself I gave up and ordered a 15 and the only option was 3:73 gears. Nice and cheap and with the money you save you can build it the way you want. Love the manual, and the reason for the 3:73's was I knew I wanted 33's. With 33's and the 3:73's the gearing is just about perfect.

KingCopperhead

How are the 4.88s with the 35s?

Off road, basically perfect for me. Even with the non rubi transfer case it crawls really well. Previously had 3.73 gears, and with the 4.88's I feel like I have a lot more control. On the highway 70+ the rpm is a little high for my liking, (around 2800) but around town it's fine. It's nice to have 6 useable gears. I average about 15.5 mpg, jeep has a steel front bumper, steel sliders and rocker armor so it's not exactly light.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Anyone with a 3.6 6 speed running 37s? What gears? I'm thinking 5.13s. Looking for someone with experience

Flynlo

'14 JK Sport 2 Door, 6spd manual, 33's (32") with Yukon 4.10's. Bumping up to 35" KM2's after deployment.

xxJWPxx

Manual transmission has always been my preference and has been a lot of fun in the Jeep.

I've got good throttle response through all 6 gears with 3.73 gearing 35" tires, Superchips programmer (87 sport tune) and Banks intake and exhaust.

Bosunmate

2012 6 speed Sport with 3:21 gears, 33" Goodyear MTR's. Works good for me. All my CJ5'S. In the past and any future Jeeps will be manuals. The JK manual in 4 low can be driven nearly like an auto on the trail. Almost have to stand on the brakes to stall it. Mighty fun.

Top Bottom