All around best A/T tire???

mrmike

I can chime in on the BFG. I had a set of 18k mi take offs from a Raptor. They were chucking some. They I drove about 5k miles. They chunked even more. The traction off road started going down hill. Most of the damage was from fast driving in fast rock desert terrain. It's a great tire but I wouldn't recommend for places like AZ.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I have ran the BFGs on a Chevy truck, CJ7, JK, GMC pro built prerunner, and a LR discovery. They do great all around except for one area, Mud. I love them in the desert, they do well in the rocks too. But the mud is definitely their kryptonite. I realize they are an AT and not an MT, but damn! Thinking I'm going to try the General Grabber red letter next.

Elusive

I've had great luck with pro comp xtreme AT's.
I put 50000 miles on a set of 35's then I bought another set. They get decent traction in snow, sand, and rocks. They balance well and look fine. Now that the jeep sees less road miles I might switch to something more aggressive, but not till these wear out.

Panda

I had a dodge ram truck from 2005 til 2013 had 17000 mi on it when I put 35 toyo mt's on it, it had 89,000 mi on it when I traded it in for my jk the toyo's still had another 10k life left on em, wish I could have got the same tires for my jeep

Mitrig

I have duratracs on my pile and I think they are great. Do extremely well on wet roads, but I don't have any experiece with ice/snow because of where I live. They do great off-road also. Pretty aggressive looking also.

Honestly man duratracs live up to their name for being monsters in snow and ice, by far the best tire I have ran ever! I don't see myself running another tire on my rig nor any other SUV/pickup. It's rain season right now where I live, usually happens before all the snow hits us and my old BFG ta's used to jut slip and slide everywhere, same with the duelers I had, even the toyos didn't hold up as well as expected, out rain is almost like sleet this time of year. But honestly I haven't tried them offroad and aired down. Most I've done offroad with them is a prerunner trail.

eeftw

Honestly man duratracs live up to their name for being monsters in snow and ice, by far the best tire I have ran ever! I don't see myself running another tire on my rig nor any other SUV/pickup. It's rain season right now where I live, usually happens before all the snow hits us and my old BFG ta's used to jut slip and slide everywhere, same with the duelers I had, even the toyos didn't hold up as well as expected, out rain is almost like sleet this time of year. But honestly I haven't tried them offroad and aired down. Most I've done offroad with them is a prerunner trail.

Hopefully I'll get to test them out. I like going up in the mountains snow skiing. Never owned a Jeep up until now.

Mitrig

Hopefully I'll get to test them out. I like going up in the mountains snow skiing. Never owned a Jeep up until now.

Yea man same here first jeep and won't be last for sure. I love hunting so think I'm going to put it I the test for driving through the creek instead of having a boat like what we did last yet with the hummer but it eventually got stuck ahah

Top Bottom