AllAmericanInfidel's JKU Build Thread -

DA RUNT

Just hit some local trails around the Ft Jackson area. There really isn't much here that I know of unless you drive up to NC. I'm hoping there are some decent trails on Oahu. Are you still in Hawaii?

We're back and forth. Lots of family on kauai and oahu. Right now I'm in WA state. There's some really decent trails on oahu, a lot of it is private land but if you go to the satellite tracking station aka peacock flats there's miles and miles of trails ranging from mild to wild.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Well folks, thanks to Rancho and WAYALIFE, it looks like Ill be installing some new Rancho RS5000X shocks on my rig. I cant wait to try them out and see if they help get me a little softer ride! :thumb:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Congrats sir! :thumb:

Thanks Brother, I'm pretty excited about it. I like the ride on my Jeep right now, which rides very similar to stock. I do, however, want a softer than stock ride. Ill try these shocks out and see if they make a difference. The next step after this may be some EVO plushrides until I can save up for coilovers.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
So, it looks like a bit more shopping is in order. In order to pass inspection when I move to Hawaii, there are a few things I need to pick up. I have already settled on the EVO MFG mud flap kit, since I'm running mostly EVO stuff on my rig already. I may pick up some aftermarket fenders, since my tires are sticking out from the stock flares a few inches. It is my understanding that this will fail me during the Recon inspection. Curious if anybody has aftermarket fenders that cover the entire 12.50 width of their tires (I'm running 35s)? If possible, side and front pics of the rig and pics from the top of the fenders showing coverage. Just personal preference, but I do not like the BW pocket flares, so I have already ruled those out. I've been eyeballing the Poison Spyder and Nemesis flares, but not sure at this point if they would even cover the tread completely. Any experience would be appreciated. Thanks!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So, it looks like a bit more shopping is in order. In order to pass inspection when I move to Hawaii, there are a few things I need to pick up. I have already settled on the EVO MFG mud flap kit, since I'm running mostly EVO stuff on my rig already. I may pick up some aftermarket fenders, since my tires are sticking out from the stock flares a few inches. It is my understanding that this will fail me during the Recon inspection. Curious if anybody has aftermarket fenders that cover the entire 12.50 width of their tires (I'm running 35s)? If possible, side and front pics of the rig and pics from the top of the fenders showing coverage. Just personal preference, but I do not like the BW pocket flares, so I have already ruled those out. I've been eyeballing the Poison Spyder and Nemesis flares, but not sure at this point if they would even cover the tread completely. Any experience would be appreciated. Thanks!

I would imagine the PS full Clara would cover. The narrows would not. If you want the wider look just get spacers to put on after inspection then take them off when you need to get inspected again.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I would imagine the PS full Clara would cover. The narrows would not. If you want the wider look just get spacers to put on after inspection then take them off when you need to get inspected again.

I think I may give them a call in the morning. I'm not trying to go for a wider look, my issue is that the tires stick out of the fenders right now, which will cause me to fail inspection. I planned on just trimming the stock fenders, but they are not wide enough as it is. I need something that will cover the full width of the tire.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Well, I got the new Rancho shocks and steering stabalizer put on this past weekend. I figured while I was down there, I might as well loosen up all the track bars, control arms, etc and then retorque everyhing down. I can honestly say that the Ranch shocks made a noticable difference in ride quality. Ill put them through their paces for a few weeks and then do a write up on them. :thumb:

Top Bottom