Alternator shianiganz

PT1400

If you're adding an amplifier to your radio, the power for the amp won't be going through the ecm. It should have it's own wiring.

Oreo_penguin536

Hang on I realize how I confused everything.

Fuse goes between battery and amp, that protects the amp from over loading in the event of a short circuit/overload, just for lights or a winch which makes sense.

I’m talking about the output of power from the amp as far as watts. From the amp, is their a way to make sure the output that it gives from the antenna won’t screw the ecu/pcm? The guy who I bought it from said he could literally talk to people through their stereo systems. Also he said that the dash/interior lights on the vehicle it was hooked up to at the time would get super bright and mess with the truck a bit. Not sure if it was a v8 or v6

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oreo_penguin536

Sorry I’m so terrible at explaining this[emoji58]
He just got back to me. This is his text maybe this will help

“The output of that amp effects the computer it will fry your computer in an old vehicle without a computer wiring Shield if not heavy enough amperage goes through and lights up lights”

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Maineiac

Ahh yea running a 1000watt cb linear can cause plenty of interference. You can come through stereo speakers, land line phones, computers, and all sorts of stuff. Can't be certain what effect it would have on vehicle electronics. CB amps are made from cheap components with little to no filtering. I would be cautious keying up 1000 watts near modern vehicle electronics.

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom