Aluminum evo corners/armor

JAGS

Hooked
I think it's the same process. Still have to drill and use nutserts.

This. ^^^ Zero difference on the install as the purpose of the corners is to secure/stabilize the carrier regardless of material.

My non-tech version of what Mel said. 😉

JKJody

I know there is the same amount of drilling and what not, im just thinking the aluminum may be a little more forgiving with clamping and forming it to the body of the jeep vs the steel version.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I know there is the same amount of drilling and what not, im just thinking the aluminum may be a little more forgiving with clamping and forming it to the body of the jeep vs the steel version.

I think you'd still have to use ratchet straps and clamps.

JAGS

Hooked

I think you'd still have to use ratchet straps and clamps.

Yep. Also a little softer so be careful with those clamps and straps. All said, I doubt it's any easier. Wouldn't use that as a deciding factor.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
It's alumimum, I would think like all other aluminum, it can be anodized. That's a costly option for something that when it gets scuffed up, and you want to repair it, will have to be removed, sanded/smooth, cleaned and re anodized. It's why people either leave it raw or paint it.

This. Anodizing is awesome, but it has a specific purpose....anodizing doesn't change the thermal conductivity of the metal, which is why you will see guys anodizing intercoolers, radiators, etc. It is however, EXTREMELY weak and easily scratched...Im talking brush up against a bush and it's going to get scratched to hell. You would be better off spraying it crinkle black, powdercoating it, or bedlining it.

JKJody

Well the aluminum corners are doing their job just fine. They're CRAZY light and just as strong as the original steelies. Super cool product. Next up: aluminum rocker skins.

rubicrawl

Well the aluminum corners are doing their job just fine. They're CRAZY light and just as strong as the original steelies. Super cool product. Next up: aluminum rocker skins.

Good to hear they work well any pics?

Sent from Moab

Top Bottom