Aluminum Inner fenders, more of a cosmetic mod or does it help with cooling?

jesse3638

Hooked
Liners are there to limit mud and water entering the engine bay, that's about it. As previously mentioned you can run without them just fine. If you don't like the look of stock, remove them, replace them it's your jeep. After market liners are purely cosmetic and offer the same or less (the vented ones possibly) protection than stock.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jsukey

Tried PM’ing you, but your inbox is full. Sent you an email, but never heard back. I need your address! Shoot it to me when you can. Sorry for hijacking.

Saw that later. Picture was small on my phone. Didn’t realize those were king bumps. Still awesome.

jsukey

I've been to hiddenfalls over a dozen times... yet I've never had that problem. Sounds to me like this guy would have seen the same failure regardless of a fender liner or not.

Look, if you want fender liners, it's cool. Don't worry, I'm not judging. But posting on the forum saying they are NEEDED and PROTECT the rig is silly if you don't have anything to back it up. OP is asking a question, and should be provided with facts. Not opinions...

I get it, you LIKE your fender liners. :thumb:

Do they offer protection? Doubtful

Do you NEED that protection they doubtfully provide? Most likely not.

Do THOUSANDS of jeeps run fine daily and offroad without ANY liners? Yes!

...So...

sent from SPACE!
DZZ Build thread

I don’t think it takes a rocket scientist to realize they are there for a reason. Can you get away without running them, absolutely. It’s your Jeep, you do whatever you like with it. You may never have a problem, but everyone wheels differently. But seeing as how you weren’t there to see how that guys rig was setup, or what the water level was like...then your opinion doesn’t carry much weight. The guy was running a cheap cold air intake, with no shielding around the filter. The filter itself was hanging down, directly over the front tire. What do you think is going to happen to an engine when the air filter is directly sprayed with water? It’s doesn’t take much. My opinion was based directly on experience. Just because it’s never happened to you, doesn’t mean it can’t happen to someone else. Do you think that it’s a good idea for your engine bay to constantly get exposed to heavy mud, dirt, water, salt...depending on your location? That’s precisely why they were installed...to protect from that.

jesse3638

Hooked
I love going through and reading a thread I had forgot I posted in..haha.

In my recent suspension purchase I also had some evo mini liners thrown in. I may try to modify the plastic liners to work with these as I do feel the church up the rear of the front fender well. I just don't want a truckload of water and mud in the engine bay.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

shogun

Hmmm.... I think no. You're not going to hang up your fender liner on a boulder. I run the stock ones, trimmed and a few strategic zip ties. Keeps the mud and water from flinging into the engine bay. In the desert, don't need 'em.

Truth here in ny to keep the salt and snow and muck out of the engine bay the ACE did me well...ran one winter without and it was a mess.

Top Bottom