Aluminum or steel fenders?

swampdog

To the OP, when you asked this re-question, it kind of comes across as a little rude. Imagine if you walked into someone's house and start re-questioning their answer. Would you be happy?

I came to the conclusion Eddie recommends a year ago. Here is the link that I believe is the best procedure for properly chopping the factory fenders:

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-ups/jeep-jk-wrangler-factory-fender-chop

Eddie, is this your writeup from years past? Please correct me if I am wrong because when I checked out Moby's fenders, they seemed perfect, built that way and not altered. I really like the door edge moulding as a finishing touch.

If you read deep enough you can make a beef with everything that's typed on the Internet. Nothing here to read into, just OP mining for some info. Let the man live. Not your fight.

Eezybreezy08

Save your money and cut the fenders. I did. 4.5 inches all the way. That's just cause I like the skinny fenders of the shitty built look ha.

Eezybreezy08

One good thing about doing them yourself is you can't cut them to whatever style you want. Skinny, wide or whatever other idea you come up with. I've seen people use roll on liner with them and that looks pretty cool to.

bjielsl

If you watch through a lot of Eddie and Cindy's videos, you can see there fenders getting crushed, ripped, torn, and even ran over by a set of 40 inch mud grapplers!(Heartland JKX P1)

The factory Jeep fenders are awesome; durable, and with a little 303 Aerospace can look brand new always. My vote is for factory chopped!

My ignorance is showing.... what is 303 aerospace? I looked it up, is it just used to keep the stock fenders looking new?

I have watched a lot of those videos and it seems like the plastic fenders would be better since they do seem to make contact a lot. I would rather a set of 400 plastic ones get ripped off than some expensive aluminum ones getting thrashed.

Napalm

My ignorance is showing.... what is 303 aerospace? I looked it up, is it just used to keep the stock fenders looking new?

I have watched a lot of those videos and it seems like the plastic fenders would be better since they do seem to make contact a lot. I would rather a set of 400 plastic ones get ripped off than some expensive aluminum ones getting thrashed.

It's a cleaner/protectant. It works especially well on plastic fenders/bumpers/dashes/soft tops. Just a solid cleaner.

Top Bottom