Aluminum vs Steel body armor

LasVegasJK

Looks like you will be going steel corners to me. Keep us posted when you get the stuff installed. I have only seen those lights on one other jeep so far.

Yeah, thanks again! Hopefully I can get them installed directly. Powdercoater said he'll get them in the oven as soon as I drop them off.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Aluminum can be just as strong as steel, provided it's engineered correctly. The no rust is another bonus, as is the lower weight. Steel of course, has it's place. If you are regularly clipping rocks and rolling over on your sides, you may want the steel corners, but the aluminums (quality ones) should take a beating just as well. Its like the synthetic vs steel winch line. 9 times out of 10, the synthetic is better, but there is that 1 specific situation where steel would be better. Quality aluminum is better in most situations, but steel still has it's strong points.

mdrums

I think it really depends on the terrain you wheel in and how you use your Jeep. Aluminum or Steel are both great for certain situations.

For me here in Florida, I feel aluminum will be the better choice. I'm looking at some fenders in aluminum like Metal Kloak...or?

LasVegasJK

Your welcome. Thanks for letting us come over. I can't wait to see the finished product. Let me know if you need a hand installing them when you get them back.

I'll keep you informed. I finally got all the packing tape residue (from EVO) removed with the help of Goo Gone and denatured alcohol. Dropping them to the powdercoat guy this weekend.

LasVegasJK

Your welcome. Thanks for letting us come over. I can't wait to see the finished product. Let me know if you need a hand installing them when you get them back.

Well, not powdercoating them. Not broken hearted over it. The rockers were too long to fit in my buddy's oven. So, I'm painting them in my driveway.
Still not sure about a solution for that one nutsert. Gonna have to find a flag nut or something.

NV375

Well, not powdercoating them. Not broken hearted over it. The rockers were too long to fit in my buddy's oven. So, I'm painting them in my driveway.
Still not sure about a solution for that one nutsert. Gonna have to find a flag nut or something.
You will know what paint will match for touch up.

Top Bottom