Am I an idiot?

Brankz

Jeep. my oldest started driving on his own last week too. we were looking for a civic but my 02 Tundra isnt selling. Feel better that he has a bigger lifted vehicle and cant aford to drive too far with 13mpg. I was in an unavoidable freeway head on in 92 hit by a 4runner. my wife and walked away without a scratch. I was in a toy pu with 40s. the impact split my engine block seriously. In a civic, they would have had a closed casket...big trucks save lives.

09 white jku 3" Teraflex, Metalcloak CAs, trackbar, tie, tera30 front axle, trutracs, 4.88s, 33" Nittos on Pro Comps, Besttop kit, quadrafloormats...

The way to go on a accident to save your self and destroy the other car is having a big stinger ;)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403584247.144314.jpg

bladerunnerJK

go with the XJ she will have more fun in driving it. and who knows it might give her the bug of off roading with her dad.

Sent from my ME173X using WAYALIFE mobile app

Conman

As others have said I would run the XJ. I had a 94 ZJ lifted with 168k on the original 4.0 and tranny and that thing is still going strong. Oh man now I'm gonna cry. I miss that thing.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
This is primarily a Jeep forum so you know what I'm gonna recommend. The 4.0 in my Comanche has 228k mi. on it and still gets 20mpg on the open road and 2k miles 'til it needs a quart of the amber life giving fluids. Civics are the weapon of choice in the teenage car wars, but an XJ, now that's cool! Good luck to your lucky daughter with whatever choice the both of you make.:yup:

cddye

Really appreciate the replies everyone. We'll be shopping around in the next few weeks- hopefully I'll be posting some Jeep Family pictures soon.

'14 JKU, Billet. Rubi rails, more to come.

Jeeper Jr.

There's someone on here selling a built TJ for practically nothing. Perhaps an alternative to the XJ

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

brooklyn4x4

Get the xj that was my first car and I loved it as for reliable there indestructible here is a pic of my xj after a 100 foot pine tree fell on it after I got the tree off all I did was put a new wind shield in that leaked like crazy cause a good part of the roof was caved in but I still put 50k miles on it before I got ride of it.

Because the roof leaked the transmission computer got wet and shorted out so I drove the automatic like it was a stick using 1 2 and D as 3rd gear and the transmission was still strong

Attachments

• 1403615678643.jpg
    1403615678643.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 109

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
My sons first car was a ’68 El Camino. He stalled it then flooded it on Beach Blvd and brought it home and never drove it again. I then bought my son a new civic and it was totaled on the freeway. Bought him a new JK after that. He had the JK for a year but sold it because the gas mileage was killing him. Now he drives a new VW CC.
Moral of the story, make you kid pay for their own damn wheels and maybe they will appreciate it more.

seanb123

I have to say with the newer civic quality has dropped severely 3 friends of mine who have round that year civic the quality is just terrible things are breaking trans keep going on the one just not what the civic use to be imo

CharlieK

My daughter is in college in Nashville and up until two weeks ago was driving a Honda civic back and forth Tampa to Nashville. The gas mileage was great but I had no piece of mind, with her in such a small car. I picked her up a 08 jk, no the gas bill also most doubled but I know have piece of mind that she isn't in such a low riding car on the interstates. My only regret at this point is that I waited as long as I did.

jhires

Taking gas mileage and safety out of the equation...

A lot of this depends on what your daughter enjoys doing. If she likes outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, skiing, snowboarding, etc, you should help her get the XJ. Just the ground clearance alone and the added safety of 4wd when in snow, or driving to a trailhead. If she is more of a city girl, then the civic would probably suit her better.

Top Bottom