Annual Black Bear Backwards Run

Rccrwlr

This is not my only reason for being on this site. If you look I registered on here last year. I have made other posts on here before, but very few. Not sure why they are not showing up. Maybe the thread was deleted. I monitor most of what's happing through Facebook and twitter. It's very nice of you all to be so hostile and threatening to someone that doesn't post here much and is trying to be in the your community. Especially someone that is trying to get you "Jeep Enthusiasts" some information about one of the most popular rides in one of the most sought after areas for Jeeping in the world. This ride fills up every year super fast. I just thought it would be a good idea to try to get other people the chance to get in on it. Being that this group and Eddie is all about Jeep, this is something even people in the local area try to jump on super fast. I wanted more people in my Jeep loving community to get first dibs. There was a Subaru club that tried to fill up an entire ride, but they were told no. I have gotten a few friends into this group, some of which that have become popular members. I'm usually not one for posting much or adding to many photos. I read a lot and look for information.

Ok. Maybe I was wrong in my Prev post. If you have been here for a year and read a lot then you actually should have seen this coming.

Last edited:

RipcurlJay

I wouldn't say I live in my Jeep in the summer. I spend every moment I can in the summer jeeping in the mountains. I still have to work during most of the week. But usually Friday, Saturday and Sunday are spent in the mountains jeeping and camping out. I usually freeze my butt off because I like to camp just at or above the tree line. Last year on my July 4th run it was snowing on Imogene pass just after lunch time. I had to put the top back on because I was getting pelted in the face with snow pellets. We tried to open Black Bear late in June but there was still to much snow on the way up to the pass. So far we are expecting an early season because its been so warm here this year. Right now there is only 2' of snow at the top of Red Mountain Pass. That means is not going to be a good summer for California as all their water comes from all around this area.

That means is not going to be a good summer for California as all their water comes from all around this area.

Did someone move the Sierras to Colorado without telling those of us in California? Sorry but I've come to the rapid conclusion several posts ago that you couldn't tell the truth if your life depended on it.

RipcurlJay

Ok. Maybe I was wrong in my Prev post. If you have been here for a year and read a lot then you actually should have seen this coming.

I refer you back to the sixth sentence in that quote. I don't usually troll the forums. I have ADD and don't usually get very far into them. Not that I don't usually have the time. I just usually get distracted and go off to something else. Squirl.:crazyeyes: AEV came out with new Diff covers. I think I need new tires. I wonder where else I can mount my Multi-band antenna. I don't want to drill any holes cause if I decide to move it. This battery is sure getting hot. I want these new LED Head Lights. Oh... Uniden has a new 980 CB. I wonder how that will fit. All over. Usually maybe a page if Eddie posts a link from FB. Mainly its just the how too's and his vids and pictures.

RipcurlJay

Did someone move the Sierras to Colorado without telling those of us in California? Sorry but I've come to the rapid conclusion several posts ago that you couldn't tell the truth if your life depended on it.

Let me rephrase. Most of Southern Cali. You know where the water in Lake Mede goes after Las Vegas. It doesn't just pop up out of the desert. Maybe you should go back to Middle School Geography. Continental Divide. Water moves west on the western side. Goes to Lake Powel and then Lake Mede. Gets diverted to southern California for crops and drinking water. Starting to sound familiar now?
http://www.socalwater.org/issues/colorado-river
Maybe next time you want to pass California Geography, since you live there and all, before you post anything.

Last edited:

Rccrwlr

Come on the forum and post redirects for some kind of addenda. Check

Claim veteran status like it has anything to do with your posting hoping to get sympathy. Check

Babble about nothing related to anything. Check

Yep. Troll here.

Next you will get all butt hurt about how this forum has a bad rep and all your friends told you not to join and your getting picked on. bla, bla bla.

What will your next excuse be?

Oregonjeeper

OK to help Clear the Air here.. I know Jay personally... And i have known him 10 years.. His original post i'm sure was meant as a no Harm no Foul statement..Saying this i have not seen the unedited post.. But i think He was honestly excited about a up coming event which is pretty rare.. It's once a year which most people say is a pretty badass trail ... Yes he doesn't post here on forums but i know he does alittle on Facebook .. He did make a mistake by not making his first post in "give as Wave" thread...But the fact is he told me about Wayalife which got me into not only the Facebook side but also the forum which i really enjoy being a part off..We have alot of fun here.. And lets face it you can learn alot here as well.. I will promote this Forum to everybody that jeeps .. And there is more of the back story of his vet status and i will leave it at that.. Just trust me he earn our Respect and is dealing with some issue because of it ..Lets please move on from this.. Thanks

OK to help Clear the Air here.. I know Jay personally... And i have known him 10 years.. His original post i'm sure was meant as a no Harm no Foul statement..Saying this i have not seen the unedited post.. But i think He was honestly excited about a up coming event which is pretty rare.. It's once a year which most people say is a pretty badass trail ... Yes he doesn't post here on forums but i know he does alittle on Facebook .. He did make a mistake by not making his first post in "give as Wave" thread...But the fact is he told me about Wayalife which got me into not only the Facebook side but also the forum which i really enjoy being a part off..We have alot of fun here.. And lets face it you can learn alot here as well.. I will promote this Forum to everybody that jeeps .. And there is more of the back story of his vet status and i will leave it at that.. Just trust me he earn our Respect and is dealing with some issue because of it ..Lets please move on from this.. Thanks

Please don't take this the wrong way, but, I was sortof expecting someone he made "popular" to come to his aid.

RipcurlJay

Come on the forum and post redirects for some kind of addenda. Check

Claim veteran status like it has anything to do with your posting hoping to get sympathy. Check

Babble about nothing related to anything. Check

Yep. Troll here.

Next you will get all butt hurt about how this forum has a bad rep and all your friends told you not to join and your getting picked on. bla, bla bla.

What will your next excuse be?

I will start off by saying this will be my last post as I can see that I am very unwanted here. Regardless of what I say. I wasn't claiming veteran status for some kind of sympathy. I don't need sympathy. You obviously have no idea what any of it means. I was stating that in my first post I was being very direct and dry. I had no context with these forums really.
Now since your that really kind of special, I will explain for you... I was not calling any one a "Troll". I was saying I don't usually troll the forms. Its a fishing term. Look it up. The babbling was pointing to the fact that I don't because I don't have the attention span. And there was no redirect to any agenda. My post of the lack of snowfall was making conversation and was not a dig at California at all. Unfortunately, due to the lack of a couple of you posting on this threads education and own arrogance, you just prove your ignorance to your own life support system and understanding of the English language. I posted a link from south Californian's own site about the water, hoping to help educate someone and help them not sound so ignorant. I guess in doing so it helped to weed out someone else that has a hard time.
I tried to be polite, I apologized multiple times for my own mistake. I changed the thread, but still I can see you two have nothing to do but badger some one that is trying to get the jeep experience out there. I love my trails here. I love getting involved and showing people the trails here. I love meeting the people from all over the world that come here to jeep. I want more people to come here to help conserve our trails all over the country as the Forrest Service and BLM are constantly trying to shut more an more of them down. Enjoy living in your little center of the universe there. You might want to think about getting all your facts straight before making yourself look like a couple of idiots again though.

I never said I made anyone popular on here. I said I introduced some people to the site who have become popular. Again. Showing you should get your facts straight.

miamidiver

I will start off by saying this will be my last post as I can see that I am very unwanted here. Regardless of what I say. I wasn't claiming veteran status for some kind of sympathy. I don't need sympathy. You obviously have no idea what any of it means. I was stating that in my first post I was being very direct and dry. I had no context with these forums really.
Now since your that really kind of special, I will explain for you... I was not calling any one a "Troll". I was saying I don't usually troll the forms. Its a fishing term. Look it up. The babbling was pointing to the fact that I don't because I don't have the attention span. And there was no redirect to any agenda. My post of the lack of snowfall was making conversation and was not a dig at California at all. Unfortunately, due to the lack of a couple of you posting on this threads education and own arrogance, you just prove your ignorance to your own life support system and understanding of the English language. I posted a link from south Californian's own site about the water, hoping to help educate someone and help them not sound so ignorant. I guess in doing so it helped to weed out someone else that has a hard time.
I tried to be polite, I apologized multiple times for my own mistake. I changed the thread, but still I can see you two have nothing to do but badger some one that is trying to get the jeep experience out there. I love my trails here. I love getting involved and showing people the trails here. I love meeting the people from all over the world that come here to jeep. I want more people to come here to help conserve our trails all over the country as the Forrest Service and BLM are constantly trying to shut more an more of them down. Enjoy living in your little center of the universe there. You might want to think about getting all your facts straight before making yourself look like a couple of idiots again though.

I never said I made anyone popular on here. I said I introduced some people to the site who have become popular. Again. Showing you should get your facts straight.

You meant you're, right? You know that basic grasp of the English language and all.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
If it's your last post, why are you still logged on watching this thread? Be a man of your word

Really, all you had to do was accept your mistake and call it a day rather than rambling on and on spewing forth more deception in every post.

jkjurny

I didn't see the first post before it got edited, but I think the OP did try to correct himself and apologize.

Looks to me that he was trying to do right by the forum after he was shown his error. I don't think he was trolling in any way.

I try to keep out of these thread. Probably my first time posting on one. Don't know the OP at all, but seems like he was alright to me.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I didn't see the first post before it got edited, but I think the OP did try to correct himself and apologize.

Looks to me that he was trying to do right by the forum after he was shown his error. I don't think he was trolling in any way.

I try to keep out of these thread. Probably my first time posting on one. Don't know the OP at all, but seems like he was alright to me.

Why bring this thread back to life then?

onebuilder

I heard tonight that the Black Bear Backwards trip was being planned and they were taking registrations. They decided to move it this year from the same weekend as the FJ cruiser event in Ouray to the following weekend. The first weekend in August. If anyone is interested they should keep an eye open on the local clubs in the area as it is hosted by them.

I'm not representing anyone. I am just trying to inform anyone that is interested about this event. The plans are in motion is all. I have read the rules and do not represent any company of any kind. This is not a non profit or a for profit. If it is not wanted I would be more than happy to delete the post. I thought people would want to know about this event because it is the only time all year that the Black Bear trail can be legally driven backwards. It is one of the most exciting trail rides in Colorado.

I do appreciate the heads up! Thanks

Top Bottom