Another Another Lift Question. Yes Another

uberc4

Everyone wishes they would have just gone straight to 37's. My plan is to do the lift and tires, gusset and truss, regear, front driveshaft, and then start to do stuff as it needs it.

37s looks solid on a JKU. IMO 35s are the new 33s for a JKU. It leaves too much of a gap depending on the lift height. I would recommend not throwing a lot of money into stock axles. All you need to do is Gusset the C's, front DS, and regear (max 5.13s in stock axles).

Cbach1987

37s looks solid on a JKU. IMO 35s are the new 33s for a JKU. It leaves too much of a gap depending on the lift height. I would recommend not throwing a lot of money into stock axles. All you need to do is Gusset the C's, front DS, and regear (max 5.13s in stock axles).

As far as axles, that seems to be what I read for stock, no trusses though? I usually hear to do both.

RockyJk

well that's easy haha

My next question to anyone that has any experience with the Enforcer lift would be how hard is it to install? It will be my first lift ever but I will have another set of hands. Just curious what level of mess I am getting into.

It's not hard if you have some mechanical background, I helped a buddy put his on not that long ago and will be putting mine on this weekend. Just make sure you have everything before you take the jeep apart

Cbach1987

It's not hard if you have some mechanical background, I helped a buddy put his on not that long ago and will be putting mine on this weekend. Just make sure you have everything before you take the jeep apart

As my DD I will definitely make sure I have everything haha. Boss would not appreciate me calling in saying I can not make it because Jeep
Let me know how it goes as well!

swampdog

^^^^ This. Also, I would definitely have someone there to help you and a spring compressor as well. I wouldn't want to install the lift by myself.

Cbach1987

^^^^ This. Also, I would definitely have someone there to help you and a spring compressor as well. I wouldn't want to install the lift by myself.

I am definitely putting a spring compressor on my list of tools needed. I would not have thought of that. Yes I will have most tools I need and my brother helping who does all the work on his vehicles so it should go as smoothly as possible. Hopefully...

swampdog

I am definitely putting a spring compressor on my list of tools needed. I would not have thought of that. Yes I will have most tools I need and my brother helping who does all the work on his vehicles so it should go as smoothly as possible. Hopefully...

I think advance Auto or O'Reilly will let you borrow a spring compressor for free if I am not mistaken.

Cbach1987

I think advance Auto or O'Reilly will let you borrow a spring compressor for free if I am not mistaken.

Thank you and thank you everyone with these super helpful and quick replies!
I do not know why I did not come here first instead of after months of hair pulling looking at lifts!
You guys are awesome!

uberc4

As far as axles, that seems to be what I read for stock, no trusses though? I usually hear to do both.

No need to waste money on Truss or sleeves. All you need to do is Gusset the C's. I would recommend slowly start saving for a new PR 44. You can always sell your Rubi front to offset the cost of the new axle. The Rear will hold up just fine. :thumb:

Cbach1987

No need to waste money on Truss or sleeves. All you need to do is Gusset the C's. I would recommend slowly start saving for a new PR 44. You can always sell your Rubi front to offset the cost of the new axle. The Rear will hold up just fine. :thumb:

Not often do I hear anything about spending less money so that's good to know. Before I do any hard wheeling I would upgrade at least the front but that is something far away from my budget plans

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
well that's easy haha

My next question to anyone that has any experience with the Enforcer lift would be how hard is it to install? It will be my first lift ever but I will have another set of hands. Just curious what level of mess I am getting into.

The enforcer lift is very, very easy to install :thumb:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
You guys are going to make it sound too easy [emoji23] as a first timer I'm sure I'll hit snags from lack of knowledge but I am very encouraged by what you have said

I would say give yourself about a day to install it taking your time. The worst part, I think is installing the front lower arms since they can be a little bit of a pain to get lined up. If you go through Eddies older write ups, they help a lot. He doesnt have one for the enforcer itself, but they all apply to all lifts, you just wont need to do all the same steps like when you would be changing out the control arms and such all around.

This is a good diy.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write...er-long-travel-lift-kit-installation-write-up

Last edited:

Cbach1987

I would say give yourself about a day to install it taking your time. The worst part, I think is installing the front lower arms since they can be a little bit of a pain to get lined up. If you go through Eddies older write ups, they help a lot. He doesnt have one for the enforcer itself, but they all apply to all lifts, you just wont need to do all the same steps like when you would be changing out the control arms and such all around.

I am a very visual person so write-ups and videos help so I will look into those. I am glad knowing this forum has the support a newb like me needs as well as people that are already running the lift.

Cbach1987

Also I am new to backspacing when it comes to wheels. I was going to go 37x12.5x17 and maybe a wheel that is 17x9 5-127(5x5) I guess I do not understand how to tell what back spacing that would have and what I will need to run.

austin160

Also I am new to backspacing when it comes to wheels. I was going to go 37x12.5x17 and maybe a wheel that is 17x9 5-127(5x5) I guess I do not understand how to tell what back spacing that would have and what I will need to run.

Most aftermarket wheels you will find are 4.5 for a 2015, I just got bought a set for my 2016. The majority of lift kits require 4.5 at a minimum, as long as that is there you will be fine. I don't think I saw very many wheels with less than that in a 17".

Journeyman

Ya the fox shocks was an initial but after just a few replies I am realizing it is better to stick with what the manufacturer has their system set up for.
Yes I agree on the hornets nest but when I research 35's, it is filled with regret. Everyone wishes they would have just gone straight to 37's. My plan is to do the lift and tires, gusset and truss, regear, front driveshaft, and then start to do stuff as it needs it. If you go with the run it until it brakes and then fix it method, my girlfriend can't say no to upgrading the parts :D haha.

I also do not wheel at all at this point but the idea is to build it up and start to wheel it. So I am not doing anything hardcore by any stretch of the imagination. I know that does not mean that stuff can't break but it won't be getting the abuse that some others might put it through. I also realize it is a lot of money for a mall crawler (at this point anyway) but eventually once everything gets where I want it, it will get wheeled.

It doesn't take any hardcore wheelin do damage equipment with 37's. Street use will do that. I would never be able to have a jacked up jk on 37's and stay on the road, but it's your money yo!

Cbach1987

Most aftermarket wheels you will find are 4.5 for a 2015, I just got bought a set for my 2016. The majority of lift kits require 4.5 at a minimum, as long as that is there you will be fine. I don't think I saw very many wheels with less than that in a 17".

I should start reading up on that because I am not too familiar with what it all means.

Cbach1987

It doesn't take any hardcore wheelin do damage equipment with 37's. Street use will do that. I would never be able to have a jacked up jk on 37's and stay on the road, but it's your money yo!

So all these people out there running them on basic equipment, are they just ticking time bombs or they do not care. I seem to read a lot of people running them with less components than I am talking about and say they have done it for thousands of miles and even wheeled that way without problems.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
So all these people out there running them on basic equipment, are they just ticking time bombs or they do not care. I seem to read a lot of people running them with less components than I am talking about and say they have done it for thousands of miles and even wheeled that way without problems.

Other than rear shafts that I thought I needed, I ran with over 20k on my old 2 door on 37s with no issues at all other than breaks that were my own fault (ie getting wedged between 2 trees and breaking a driveshaft).

Top Bottom