Anti-theft devices

sm31

My TJ was stolen a couple of weeks ago (right out of the hospital parking garage where I work) and miraculously recovered Saturday night when the perp ran a red light in front of a vigilant police officer. It's definitely a lot worse for the wear and I can only hope my insurance gets me into the ballpark of a full recovery.

I had no anti-theft devices on my jeep at the time, to my shame.

I guess I have a concern with reliance on GPS trackers. Bottom line is they rely on staying hidden. My spare tire was missing (among other things) when I recovered the jeep. The spare, and all 4 wheels are secured by 2 separate wheel locks which I thought I had quite cleverly hidden on the vehicle. Obviously not.

While the thieves had a lot more time (10 days) to canvas my jeep looking for those locks, I think they may be surprisingly adept at finding GPS trackers as well. And they might assume that a nicely $modified$ jeep will have a tracker on it. I may be giving thieves more credit than they are due but from aspects of my recent experience, what they lack in IQ they can make up for with cleverness.

Maybe layering of products... even easy ones like a Club would help deter more. I'm just trying to come up with a plan for "next time"...

naysjp

Caught the Bug
Try Ravelco. $500 installed. I have a couple of friends who have it and seem to love it. I plan on buying it one day too.

I got Ravelco installed in this jeep. They came to another Jeeper's home and installed it both our Jeeps. They may destroy it trying to steal it, but it won't start. Thieves will have to steal a tow truck and steal Blanca if the want her

Top Bottom