Any info on the new BF Muds.........

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Says it all in the title: does anyone have info on the new BF Muds yet?

here is a quick scan of a handout i stumbled upon:

IMG001BFG.jpg

Last edited:

rogerk93

If they use the same compound I'm going to stay away. I have their km2 and find the tread life pretty bad and they are not that great in anything water based they spin like crazy.

RockyJk

If they use the same compound I'm going to stay away. I have their km2 and find the tread life pretty bad and they are not that great in anything water based they spin like crazy.

Really? I ran km2's for close to 25k miles and they were still at least 50% tread when I sold em

mds22

Looks like they added quite a bit of siping to deal with the water issues

OJK12

I have to say that's always been why I liked the KM2's is they last forever. The only thing I hear a lot of complaints on is their sidewall strength is not that great.

USMC Wrangler

I have about 11,000 miles on my KM2's and have been through rain, snow, slush and sleet without issue. They are skinny 255/80r17's, so less rolling resistance as I've learned. I have no experience with anything wider in those conditions though. I haven't measured tread wear, but they look just as good as they did last year to me doing the 5 tire rotation.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455402689.830884.jpg

rogerk93

Really? I ran km2's for close to 25k miles and they were still at least 50% tread when I sold em

I have 20k miles on mine and they only have 20% left. Especially in the rain they spun almost every time I went from stop to go. They do pretty well in deep snow. When I wheel they do the job on keeping the treads cleared and dug the mud until it grabbed but I didn't like them overall.

PrestonBarringer

I love my km2 had them for about 15k and still look brand new. They are great wheelin and in mud and snow I would buy them again in a heart beat ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455418365.083633.jpg

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I have to say that's always been why I liked the KM2's is they last forever. The only thing I hear a lot of complaints on is their sidewall strength is not that great.

I have a set on my burban and when they were on my k5 I ripped a sidewall just barely. It still holds air but it has a two inch tear in it. I did it when I slid off of a rock. It wasn't even sharp or anything on that side.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I just got one of the new BFG MT KM2s and it looks exactly like the old ones I have. I'm not sure what you're looking at exactly. I've been pretty satisfied with them on everything except snow pack/ice situations. It is a mud terrain after all so I'm not sure it's fair to expect great results on hard snow pack.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I just got one of the new BFG MT KM2s and it looks exactly like the old ones I have. I'm not sure what you're looking at exactly. I've been pretty satisfied with them on everything except snow pack/ice situations. It is a mud terrain after all so I'm not sure it's fair to expect great results on hard snow pack.

They have redesigned the KM2, that is what he is referring to. They have not been released yet, but look similar to a KM2 tread with more siping and a KO2 sidewall.

Top Bottom