Any jeeps with the new prorock xd60

highoctane

Caught the Bug
My Jeep goes to Offroad Evolution in 2 weeks for my build, and will have a front XD60. I'll post some pics up once it's done.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Sorry to disappoint, but I did not go with the upgraded brakes on the rear - in the time-lapse you can see me swap the backing plates/rotors over from the original D44 setup, so it's all still stock. To be fair, Dynatrac did recommend I go ahead and upgrade the brakes but TBH, on 37s I haven't really noticed a problem with stoppage, so I'm going to use my experience on the D60 to see if it changes my mind. I suppose I could do some controlled 60-0 tests and see what kinds of distances I get. Any particular pics you want otherwise?

I'm in the same boat; the original plan for this build was to stop at 37" tires, however with my wife having a 2 door, should I decide to go 40s later, she would inherit the PR44 (and whatever 37s I have) as an upgrade, and I'd just need to swap in another xd60 for my front. Note that unless you're doing 5.5 on 5 on purpose you can have the XD60 configured to match - I had mind done to the standard 07+ JK 5 on 5.

No disappointment, but by going with the full float option, you get much larger rotors already, a bit of savings. I am not sure I understand which time-lapse you are referring to. Maybe you can provide a link of some kind?

Unless you want full float that is...

Yup. Had a 30 minute conversation with Steve at Dynatrac exploring the options of going the 60 route. Probably going to end up with same setup iRonin went with. The full float is just overkill for what I'm gonna do and it's not just another $2500 more when you have to buy beadlocks all over again. Not to mention you run into the issue of compatibility across rigs on the trail and I don't run with anybody that has 5x5.5.

Thank you Dave and Granite. This is what Drew over at ORE told me when we were working on the build. I made the decision to go with full float due to the extra strength. I am surprised not more people are running this, so maybe I will get you guys some photos in June when the build is completed. I am not concerned about running someone else's wheels on the trail, such that I have a 5th wheel as a spare. Besides, wheels being different as they are, I would hate to use another tire that has a different circumference and then damage gearing. I am not sure if this is a very real hazard, but really, how many times do you borrow another person's wheel on the trail? Forgive me with my lack of experience on this.

Exodus 4x4

I am not concerned about running someone else's wheels on the trail, such that I have a 5th wheel as a spare. Besides, wheels being different as they are, I would hate to use another tire that has a different circumference and then damage gearing. I am not sure if this is a very real hazard, but really, how many times do you borrow another person's wheel on the trail? Forgive me with my lack of experience on this.

Hopefully it never happens. It's just something to consider and but I wouldn't build my rig around it. Personally I don't feel the need for a full float unless I go 40's, and if I do go up to 40's then I'll probably be doing a whole lot more so I'd buy the cheapest '07 I could find and start fresh.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I wish I could go full float but state laws prevent me going that route due to width. I just dont want to deal with bending flanges anymore.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I wish I could go full float but state laws prevent me going that route due to width. I just dont want to deal with bending flanges anymore.

Every time I here about state laws it seems it always has to do with PA..

Are the police out there hunting down jeeps or something? Are they seriously harassing people on wider axels?

Sorry ahead of time if this a dumb question. I just don't ever see police giving jeeps trouble around here, unless there doing something dumb.

iRonin

No disappointment, but by going with the full float option, you get much larger rotors already, a bit of savings. I am not sure I understand which time-lapse you are referring to. Maybe you can provide a link of some kind?
Thank you Dave and Granite. This is what Drew over at ORE told me when we were working on the build. I made the decision to go with full float due to the extra strength. I am surprised not more people are running this, so maybe I will get you guys some photos in June when the build is completed. I am not concerned about running someone else's wheels on the trail, such that I have a 5th wheel as a spare. Besides, wheels being different as they are, I would hate to use another tire that has a different circumference and then damage gearing. I am not sure if this is a very real hazard, but really, how many times do you borrow another person's wheel on the trail? Forgive me with my lack of experience on this.

Fair enough, I should have pointed out that I also did not go with a full-float. The time-lapse I was talking about was from my build thread, direct vid link here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfcd0rzIyrg)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Every time I here about state laws it seems it always has to do with PA..

Are the police out there hunting down jeeps or something? Are they seriously harassing people on wider axels?

Sorry ahead of time if this a dumb question. I just don't ever see police giving jeeps trouble around here, unless there doing something dumb.

It's not really the police but more of a state inspection issue.

Top Bottom