Any ones significant other complain about your jeep?

A.J.

All good here. My wife is actually a pretty good mechanic in her own right. Rebuilt an entire car after she had my son. Went out and worked on it between baby nap times. She would send me random pictures at work as she would tear things apart. She is a real go getter, all 4'10" of her. Helped me install new shocks just this morning in fact. 👍🏼

JeepJeep75

In the summer of 2008 I took my wife off-roading for the very first time in her life. Ever. We went to Ouray, Co. and rented a JKR. Here very first trail was none other than the infamous Black Bear. Yup, Black Bear. I figured she would love it or hate it. Well, she LOVED it! So after 6 more years of summer rentals, we both decided we need our own jeep. Problem now is she wants to learn how to drive it, off-road!! 😳

2Cross

Caught the Bug
My wife never goes off-roading with me.

Kinda nice that I have my own hobby.
I can do whatever I want in my jeep.
Kinda like my moving man cave

keno4x4

My wife just does not like the ruff ride. Other than that she accepts and supports my hobby. Heck she saw the Rugged Ridge soft top/roof rack top and said I needed that or equal to be able to do more camping/off roading together after I get softer springs.

ClarksAdventures

The rule for me is... They are datable if they accept my jeep addiction. They are marriage potential when they encourage and participate in my addiction. "Persistence wears down resistance"

jeeeep

Hooked
".....she says she is afraid she'll wreck it... "

Here's what I told my daughter and brother when they both told me they were afraid to drive my Jeep for fear of wrecking it:

I didn't build it to look at, it's meant to be driven. if an accident happens it happens, that's what I have insurance for and all I hope for is that no one gets hurt.

If we're wheeling and something breaks, it's no one's fault - we'll fix it and wheel more! now they have no problems driving it :thumb:

Good luck with your significant other :beer:

BradsTj

So hit a breakthrough I think, tonight, she was looking at bumpers I could get and trying to help me find a lift kit(still deciding on the one plus saving) and tomorrow I'm going to let her try to drive it. She also was showing me a bikini top I could get for the Jeep. So we'll see what happens from now *fingers crossed*

Wethy

So hit a breakthrough I think, tonight, she was looking at bumpers I could get and trying to help me find a lift kit(still deciding on the one plus saving) and tomorrow I'm going to let her try to drive it. She also was showing me a bikini top I could get for the Jeep. So we'll see what happens from now *fingers crossed*

I've been lucky my girlfriend loves the idea thinks the ride could be better though but that's what upgraded suspension is for right ;) and she points out things she likes on jeeps she sees on Instagram you could ask her what she doesn't like about it and maybe make some room in the mod budget of it works for you and her. She doesn't always like riding topless when we've been at the beach all day so I just leave the top on but take all the windows out. She's happy that way! I've tried to let her drive but she doesn't like manual ha ha as for a bikini top you could look at spiderweb shades they're a mesh top that's stays on all the time blocks some sun light and you can just take the rest of the top off then have some shade I'll be picking one up soon for that purpose

BradsTj

I've been lucky my girlfriend loves the idea thinks the ride could be better though but that's what upgraded suspension is for right ;) and she points out things she likes on jeeps she sees on Instagram you could ask her what she doesn't like about it and maybe make some room in the mod budget of it works for you and her. She doesn't always like riding topless when we've been at the beach all day so I just leave the top on but take all the windows out. She's happy that way! I've tried to let her drive but she doesn't like manual ha ha as for a bikini top you could look at spiderweb shades they're a mesh top that's stays on all the time blocks some sun light and you can just take the rest of the top off then have some shade I'll be picking one up soon for that purpose

She mostly complains about it being too hot for the doors or windows down so she always has to have the AC on.

dwmgcs

Mine was hesitant at first to go wheeling, but really warmed up to it and now totally loves and supports it, she isn't interested in driving it offroad herself, but loves the looks and attention she gets when she drives it around town.

Wethy

She mostly complains about it being too hot for the doors or windows down so she always has to have the AC on.

My lady also complains about the heat when the doors are off but I just drive faster! Maybe just invest in some soft doors. Then you can pop em on and off and throw them in the back. Nothing's cheap when it comes to making your SO happy but if theyre worth it then it's worth it.

Dopey84

So when I first got my jeep she gotta little tired of all the jeep talk with future upgrades.. And wanting to go topless and doorless but she came around.. I even caught her looking for jeep upgrades and trails she thinks would be fun to try out... After a lil time the jeep will bring her around 😎 however now with a new addition being born into our family in March.. The wheeling will be put on hold for Her... Not me lol

RedRum

Reading over this thread is so interesting ... I actually brought up jeeps when I met my now fiancé to see how she felt lol I couldn't be with someone who wasn't into jeeps or Harley's ... It is what I do with my spare time so why be with someone who won't be doing it with me because trust me ... Neither the jeep or Harley are going anywhere lol

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
No issues here. The first week I had my 2 door I scratched it up down to the primer pretty bad. I was complaining about it and my wife was the one that said "well isn't that what we got it for?" Lol! Now with my new 4 door, she drives it every chance she gets.

Patmasterflash

Kinda dislike this post. :/

I'd recommend that you have her do the driving. It's a lot more enjoyable. Perhaps if she is part of the project you'll get the support you're looking for.

Good luck

I second this idea. If you get her (or him) involved, they may be able to relate to your passion a lot more. Ask them to drive or help be an extra set of hands on the next install. Then do whatever they want to do that you potentially dislike. It's all about compromise.

Top Bottom