Any Skiiers/Snowboarders on WAYALIFE?

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I love skiing, my all time favorite activity. Went to Summit County CO in december and skied 5 days at Keystone, A basin, and Beaver. Heading back out for 4 more days in March with my wife and her brother. Another really cool place is Loveland, totally laid back vibe. I like powder and moguls; honestly as a midwesterner all I reallyneed is the additional elevationand I'll be happy! I try to get about 10-12 days per season, wish I could get about 10 more, but it isn't in the cards.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I snowboard. Iv been snow boarding for about 7 years now and man I love it. I love doing it all. From the back county to powder to the park and also just going fast. I board at Mt. High , Bear Mt. , and Snow Summit.

I've been snowboarding for a couple years now, rock Burton as far as boots, binding, and board, Oakley for the pants, gloves, jacket and goggles though. I had the privilege of snowboarding all over Germany and Switzerland when I was stationed over seas and have yet to have any where really compare. However, I want to make a trip up to Bald Face Lodge up in Nelson, B.C. at some point

Wethy

I have snowboarded for the last 8 yrs or so and have gone to mont tremblant in Quebec and blue mountain in Ontario as the big ones a few buddies and I get together every year and go a couple times atleast I bailed hard in the first pic and that was a few years ago ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455763857.543001.jpg
I now ride a forum recon with button custom bindings
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455763900.276303.jpg
Enjoy fresh powder more than park but it's all fun to me!

Backcountry skied until son was born.......then got him into ski racing from age 6 to 14.......spent most of those winters in the Alberta/BC mountains.......then he switched sports and started baseball......now he's in Illinois playing ball in college so not spending to much time skiing..........only US mountains skied are Schweitzer and Mt Hood..........Timberline is a very cool place!!!

Renzo1200

Ski'd for 15 years but switched to snowboarding the last 12 and absolutely love it. I'll be in cottonwood in 2 weeks and will ride the Bird, Brighton and Solitude. I also hit the local mountains in SoCal and southern Sierra.

Desert Crawler

Been to Tahoe a few times. Easy to get to and has a lot of choices. Heavenly is nice and big but the locals go to Sierra at Tahoe and that is where I go the most.
I have been a boarder for the 18 years and make it to one of the resorts around Tahoe at least once per week while the snow is good. Just got through scraping a fresh wax and the mtns are getting 10-20" tonight, so tomorrow should be an epic day. The only "locals" that go to Sierra at Tahoe are the peeps that live out towards Meyers. Kirkwood is my favorite and is the mtn most locals love. North shore residents mostly hit Sqaullywood or Alpine Meadows, and when you are feeling brave the Chutes at Mt. Rose are definately worth checking out. Rose is considered the "local" mtn of the Reno crowd.

Desert Crawler

^^^Gotta put Sugar Bowl in the mix since it has some great terrain.

Agreed. Sugar bowl is also a great hill. Just not a place most locals talk much about based on it's location. Probably your best option if heading up from the bay area. Great snow and wide open terrain. I used to hit it quite regularly but rarely get there since moving east of the lake. Great recommendation.

ZachJKUR

I've been snowboarding since I was 10, been out of commission this winter nursing back a knee. Great fun though!

BlueBox

Just got back from a week in Breck last week! Love it out there. During the week is definitely the only way to go though, got shitty crowded near the holiday weekend. G0170518.jpg

kyle521

Okay cmon, what about the ski and snowboard setups for your jeeps?

I usually just throw the single rear seat down in my 4 door, been wanting to get a ski rack but this winter isnt the best and they all seem quite expensive

TennJK

Okay cmon, what about the ski and snowboard setups for your jeeps?

I usually just throw the single rear seat down in my 4 door, been wanting to get a ski rack but this winter isnt the best and they all seem quite expensive

I have snowboard racks and I still just throw it in the back. The racks are just too loud for me. Plus it makes it a lot easier to just load them and go.

GoldenJK

Built a ski rack that attached to rear tire carrier. Holds two pair of fat skis and can still fit into parking garages. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456087066.781189.jpg

Top Bottom