Any years of 3.6 to shy away from?

ScoobyCarolanNC

Jeeps are like boats, too. Find one from someone that thought they wanted one, and then realized they didn't.

Yup!

My rule of thumb is now don't buy a vehicle in the first 2 years of release. There's always production kinks that need to be ironed out. Unless the previous owner ironed them for you.

toxicwaste29

I also have an early 12. The left head is ticking slightly under load and I'm on 60k miles and no major issues with it so far. Knock on wood. As said though stay away from 12 and early 13

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I just got my 2015 back from the dealer. It had a bad tick at only 30k kms. Ended up with both cams replaced in the right hand head as a lifter had collapsed and allowed the rocker to gouge the cams

Reaper

Late 2012 is supposed to be okay, but I'm sure some people will say it isn't. There were early head problems with some in 2012.
I had head problems with my 2012 thank god i still had the warranty when I had the problems. Felt like it was about to stall and then the Check engine code came on #2 cylinder. after it was fixed I have had zero problems with mine.

Graywolf

3.6 engine

I have a 2012 JKU Rubicon 4DR with 23000 on it, bought it new with 3 miles on it. No issues at all, but it is a late 2012. Well one issue, factory recall for the mirror wring. :D About 80% of my mileage is trail mileage. and yes it is a trailer queen. But living in Idaho, all the trails I use are in Cali and Utah. So a trailer behind the motorhome is most practical for me. Sorry for going off topic, but I just wanted to give you the back ground of my 2012 3.6.

stormtroopedjk

Got a 2015 and no issues at all.. My mom has a 2013 two door with 3.5 inch lift and 35s with about 20k miles and no issues at all. From what I have read and heard these motors are pretty bullet proof. But everyone has there own opinions.

onetanjk

My early 2012 was using just over a quart of oil per 1k miles. At only 35k (2 weeks ago), Jeep gave me a new engine, heads and all.
Another thing to watch out for. GL

benatc1

Hooked
I have an early model 2012 had to replace the head around 40k miles, nown issue and under warranty, honestly ran fine up to that point- then started throwing codes and have had zero issues since. overall very happy with the engine

Top Bottom