anybody baught your student a Corolla,read this.

TJ4fun

Hey, if you have a 2003-2007 Corolla, there is a recall for dangerous airbag. Just received my notice in the mail today. call your dealer to see if your Vin shows your car is involved in the recall, this is serious!

TJ4fun

I'm just worried about those folks that bought there Corolla second hand and would not receive a notice. Recall also says, keep passengers out of the front passenger seat until fixed.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I'm just worried about those folks that bought there Corolla second hand and would not receive a notice. Recall also says, keep passengers out of the front passenger seat until fixed.

The second owner will still find out. The manufacturers are required to track vehicle for life. Every time a new title is issued the info is sent to the manufacturer.

Skid_Kid

Just to add light to a non Jeep subject. This recall pertains to vehicles that first sold or registered in a high humidity state. Yes it pertains to vin also. Dealers will not have parts on hand and the vehicle will need to have an inspection done first and parts will be ordered if needed.

JakeJK

Your link is great, but only includes the vehicles that the NHTSA has deemed affected. The individual manufactures have added and expanded the list to their own findings....

Ahh see I was thinking it was backwards as the NHTSA list was a refined list, I guess I was mistaken.

TJ4fun

As soon as I read the letter from Toyota, i got on the phone to the dealer where i purchased my wife's Corolla and this is what they told me. Yes there is a problem with the passenger side airbag, yes it will take a month or so to gear up with all of the parts needed for all of the cars and until that time, we recommend that you keep passengers from sitting in the passenger seat. i cant teach the younger one how to drive from the back seat and i don't really want her driving my Jeep, because she will love it and ill have to buy her one.

TJ4fun

Skid, your right, I just returned from my Toyota dealer. They inspected my passenger airbag and determined that it is not badly corroded, but ordered the parts to replace. They determined that it was safe, for now, to have passengers in the front seat until part replaced.
You called it...thanks.

Top Bottom