Anybody tow with your JK? If so let's see!

johnny_t

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1359740741.005746.jpg I have a different Jeep now but this was an 09 6speed that I pulled my 21ft tracker. Was ok but the 3.73 in 6th gear was useless. My Rubi with auto tranny pulls it much better.

moparnation

Here's my 2005 Fleet wood Yuma PUP.....its sitting in the shop currently being....."modified" :cool:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1359757194011.jpg
    1359757194011.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 115

jarho00

Here is Ruby with my other toy (04 Shadow).

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1359765047569.jpg
    1359765047569.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 110

Big C 86

I can't find the picture right now, but December 1st I drove from Carlsbad, CA to Glenwood Springs, CO in one stretch with my '12 JKU Sport with max tow and the manual tranny pulling a 6x12 enclosed trailer that was filled to the brim...Jeep was full too. If I wasn't over loaded, I was right at the limit of the Wrangler's capacity, but she handled wonderfully. Only time I really had issues was the really high passes ~ I was running 2nd gear at 4500 rpms just to get up and over at 45 mph, but the big rig lane wasn't moving any faster than I was, so not really a problem.

arashi

It brings me a sub question to that topic: anyone knows a good camping trailer for the Jeep? I ask this because I got two kids, and the hard question is how big can I go. I know the spec tell us 3500 pounds, but by your experiences do you have a good model you use, that respound to your familly needs?

dgriz

It brings me a sub question to that topic: anyone knows a good camping trailer for the Jeep? I ask this because I got two kids, and the hard question is how big can I go. I know the spec tell us 3500 pounds, but by your experiences do you have a good model you use, that respound to your familly needs?

Depends on what kind if camping you prefer. My wife isn't in the dry camping, much less tent camping, so we had to get something that had it all. Ours has a bathroom w/shower, bunks, queen bed, and large U-shape dinette. It's about 3.000lbs unloaded.

arashi

It depends personnally I do both. Sometime I like to go with the tent more exploring type, but sometimes I would like a quick get away solution, and one solution I see is to get a camping trailer with more commodoties.

I saw a couple of models but I know by experience to ask around for personnal experience.

Top Bottom