BAXTER PERFORMANCE SPIN-ON OIL FILTER ADAPTER - Anybody using this?

I looked at it but decided that's one mod I won't do because I don't always do my own oil changes and this warning from their website:
Some vehicles may require slight modifications to attain proper clearances for installation and servicing.
Minor modifications may be needed on some vehicles to gain necessary clearances for installation and may require some mechanical aptitude.

Sound like a sure way to cause major damage if you have anyone else do an oil change not familiar with this setup.

Supposed to provide faster oil pressure at startup by keeping the upper oil system flooded.....
It delivers oil faster on startup, which is a good thing.

But, unless you plan to do your own oil changes every time, IMO it's a point of some serious failure if someone not familiar with the system tries to spin the whole unit off or a 1qt oil mess in the engine cavity to burn off if they fail to pressurize the system to drain the oil before removing the filter.

I am curious about what happens if you do not pressurize and try to remove the filter, my guess is there is no pressure held so just an oil mess.
What happens of it gets pressurized with the oil fill cap on?

Too many variables for myself as I don't always do my own oil change.

Supposed to provide faster oil pressure at startup by keeping the upper oil system flooded.....
In all honesty and I’m not trying to be a jerk here but, have you ever had a situation where you didn’t have enough oil pressure at start up? I can’t think of any of my jeeps I’ve had in the past or now ever having that issue. It might be a good part but I can’t remember ever thinking, I wish I had faster oil pressure now that I start this thing up. Not even on my old 4 banger TJ.

In all honesty and I’m not trying to be a jerk here but, have you ever had a situation where you didn’t have enough oil pressure at start up? I can’t think of any of my jeeps I’ve had in the past or now ever having that issue. It might be a good part but I can’t remember ever thinking, I wish I had faster oil pressure now that I start this thing up. Not even on my old 4 banger TJ.
No I think it is a wear n tear thing, no oil at start up in the uppers......
I do not know how many engines have died due to lack of oil up there so who knows.

Jim

No I think it is a wear n tear thing, no oil at start up in the uppers......
I do not know how many engines have died due to lack of oil up there so who knows.

Jim
Nobody knows! It is difficult to sleep at night because of this.

I know nothing about "oil catch cans" but I have read about pressurized oil accumulators which apply and maintain consistent oil pressure from startup (after being primed). The kits I see go up to three quarts, which is a lot of oil. So you could have eight quarts of oil available to your engine.

It seems that oil changes are more complex if you want to remove all of the used oil.

I'd question the manhood of anyone who doesn't trust that Jeep has already engineered a capable and reliable system from the factory.

Last edited:
Seems more like a solution in search of a problem TBH. I mean we can expect two hundred thousand miles up of these engines so I seriously don’t think they are starving for oil at any point in their normal operation.
This ^^^
Of all the 3.6L engines on a Jeep that I've owned and still own, I can't say I've ever seen a need for any of this stuff that keeps getting pimped on the internet. Truly, solutions in search of a problem or at least, in my opinion.

Top Bottom