Anyone ever have problems with 4wd.com?

munstie

My first purchase was my last, seems to me you really are just a order number to them.And good luck getting a phone call back. At least this was my experience with them.

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

Pushrod

That's the price you have to pay in Canada dollars. LOL You know the CA dollar is worth more than the USD now!!

jknit

Pretty incredible customer service here haha...I just copy and pasted this out if a response I just got.

"It looks like I’m still waiting on Fox, but I’m not real good at seeing status of orders."

Edit: I miss understood whom we werer talking about.

SWMBO and I were at their store and wanted to purchase some armor for her CJ5. The item we were looking for was not at their store but at another and for the shipping fee from store to store I could have purchased it. That was several years ago and have not purchased anything from them since. If I have to pay to get something from another one of their stores then they do not need my business.

R/
Will

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
SWMBO and I were at their store and wanted to purchase some armor for her CJ5. The item we were looking for was not at their store but at another and for the shipping fee from store to store I could have purchased it. That was several years ago and have not purchased anything from them since. If I have to pay to get something from another one of their stores then they do not need my business.

R/
Will

Are you talking 4 wheel parts or 4wd hardware? 4wd.com is 4 wheel drive hardware not 4 wheel parts.

jkjurny

As always you are my sanity check. Thought they were one in the same. There I go thinking. :grayno:

They are one in the same. Same parent company, same warehouses. One is brick and mortar, and the other is the online retailer.

I've used both, and have had good service. I just ordered some paracord grab handles, and they have been processed and shipped. Your order could have gotten lost in their system. Computers screw up now and then, and the cust service guys don't know how to fix it.

DCR JEEP

Never had any issues with them. But I have been choosing quadratec lately over them just because of better deals.

Webe

My dealings really sucked. 1. They sent me wrong parts. 2. I had to pay for their mistake. 3. They sent me wrong parts again. 4. I had to pay for thier mistake once again. 5. It cost me extra $$ to reinstall the right parts. 6. Took too long so I missed my Rubican trip. 7. It took them a month before refunding the $1800 in wrong parts they sent. 8. They sent a $100 gift card that was only good for 90 days at their store for the hassle of me having to pay an extra $400 dollors in labor and floating $1800 in wrong parts for a month on my credit card. Then there's the whole story of trying to use the card that wasn't filled up with the $100. lol. Yes....never again will I use them. Oh yes, a month later the G2 ring & pinion busted but I just bought new ones from another source as I do not want to deal with 4wd.com on the warrenty.

jkjurny

My dealings really sucked. 1. They sent me wrong parts. 2. I had to pay for their mistake. 3. They sent me wrong parts again. 4. I had to pay for thier mistake once again. 5. It cost me extra $$ to reinstall the right parts. 6. Took too long so I missed my Rubican trip. 7. It took them a month before refunding the $1800 in wrong parts they sent. 8. They sent a $100 gift card that was only good for 90 days at their store for the hassle of me having to pay an extra $400 dollors in labor and floating $1800 in wrong parts for a month on my credit card. Then there's the whole story of trying to use the card that wasn't filled up with the $100. lol. Yes....never again will I use them. Oh yes, a month later the G2 ring & pinion busted but I just bought new ones from another source as I do not want to deal with 4wd.com on the warrenty.

I think G2 is also owned by the parent company of 4WD/4WheelParts.

Top Bottom