Anyone Have the Fender Delete Kit?

Draconianwinter

Well I was alone when installing which I do not recommend at all lol. I jacked up some of the whole locations (which was my fault). The body lines on my tub were screwed up because it was a salvage and was poorly repaired so getting them to fit on the passenger side was a PITA. Also, they were powder coated but somehow managed to rust under the powder coating. The original owner had them for a couple weeks and decided to go a different route so I got them right after they were powder coated and they were only on his Jeep for a few days before he took them off. I have the rocker knockers from the same guy and they have held up fine powder coat wise so I am not sure what the issue with the flares were. Also, a lot of guys that do serious wheeling with them say they will damage your body if you hit stuff on the trail, so between the PITA install and the potential for more costly damage, I would rather not have any or at the very least have the stock ones trimmed and call it a day. They do look nice though. So if you get a set just make sure they are finished and installed properly and they will look great. Just not something I would do over again if I had the opportunity.
Thanks for the reply. And yeah they do look good on a jeep to be sure. I think I may just go with getting the high clearance fenders from mopar due to body damage issues. Eddie said the same thing about that as well so have been meaning towards the mopar ones to keep the stock look and get the clearance I want. Again thanks for the reply. As for the rust it sounds like when they done the powder coat they didn't get it as clean as it should have been, but that is just speculation on my part. Thanks again for the reply.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

jmatta33

Thanks for the reply. And yeah they do look good on a jeep to be sure. I think I may just go with getting the high clearance fenders from mopar due to body damage issues. Eddie said the same thing about that as well so have been meaning towards the mopar ones to keep the stock look and get the clearance I want. Again thanks for the reply. As for the rust it sounds like when they done the powder coat they didn't get it as clean as it should have been, but that is just speculation on my part. Thanks again for the reply.

It was almost certainly an error by the person powder coating but either way they have just amounted into a huge pain for me lol.

Draconianwinter

It was almost certainly an error by the person powder coating but either way they have just amounted into a huge pain for me lol.
Sounds like it. And don't get me wrong I trust Eddie's advise on jeeps I am just one of I see someone else running something I am considering to ask them as well to get a broader prospective of things. And while I am definitely not as hardcore as Eddie and allot of others it gives me things to think about such what my future plans are for my wheeling and such. The crusher flares are still an option for the looks and what I do atm, but definitely have to think more on it.

jmatta33

Sounds like it. And don't get me wrong I trust Eddie's advise on jeeps I am just one of I see someone else running something I am considering to ask them as well to get a broader prospective of things. And while I am definitely not as hardcore as Eddie and allot of others it gives me things to think about such what my future plans are for my wheeling and such. The crusher flares are still an option for the looks and what I do atm, but definitely have to think more on it.

Yeah that is a great point. If you dont plan on doing anything hardcore that has a high probability of smashing into some rocks then go for it if it's something you like. I want my rig to be able to do all the shit I see in the WAL and JKX videos lol so I don't plan on running them again. They will give a bad ass look and if you are just hitting some trails at your local ORV then I would say go for it :thumb:

Necro

The rule here in Va is that there shall be no more tire sticking out from under the fenders than 4" unless you have marker lights over the tires within 4" of the edge of the tire. So you could have your tires a foot outside of the Jeep as long as your marker lights are within 4" of the edge of the tire. I've seen some rigs where the owner put the parker light on a stalk to be compliant with the rules but it looked really silly.

On a side note, I have a set of the Genright Aluminum fender delete kit sets that I paid $200 for plus $70 shipping that I ended up never even installing that I would sell for $150 for all four front and rear fenders and hardware etc...

jkwebbie

JCR has fender deletes and they mount flush with the body. I'm going to get their rear deletes for mine, can't decide if I want to get the fronts too though lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

swampdog

JCR has fender deletes and they mount flush with the body. I'm going to get their rear deletes for mine, can't decide if I want to get the fronts too though lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

You were just talking about selling the JK in the other thread, you are all over the place brah! Tighten up Josh, and put those damn tons under the JK.

jmatta33

I have the gen-right deletes. Pretty happy with them, but I think it would look better with 37s...

Any better pics? At this point Im still on the fence. If I get the EVO delete skins then I wont have the option to put fenders on if I start getting ticketed for it. If I do the normal skins I can do the delete and put some stock fenders on if it becomes an issue with cops.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Any better pics? At this point Im still on the fence. If I get the EVO delete skins then I wont have the option to put fenders on if I start getting ticketed for it. If I do the normal skins I can do the delete and put some stock fenders on if it becomes an issue with cops.

I would do the normal skins and then bedline where the fenders mount so its not so visible. Then you can always put fenders on down the road if you need it but itll still look great without them!

Draconianwinter

Yeah that is a great point. If you dont plan on doing anything hardcore that has a high probability of smashing into some rocks then go for it if it's something you like. I want my rig to be able to do all the shit I see in the WAL and JKX videos lol so I don't plan on running them again. They will give a bad ass look and if you are just hitting some trails at your local ORV then I would say go for it :thumb:
I may end up getting them. Though I am planning to running the rubicon and moab. Not sure which one will be first just yet but either way will be doing one of them next summer and the other hopefully the following summer so I may get them and just put them on after that to see how it goes. If nothing else I will put them on my brothers jeep if I decide it would not be a good idea lol he will go wheeling but he not on anything that has more than a 5 inch high ledge lol he is more into the mud so he doesn't ding his jeep lol

aemfinger

IMG_1476391651.073846.jpg IMG_1476391716.392761.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1476391573.062722.jpg
    IMG_1476391573.062722.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 150

Quigibro

The rule here in Va is that there shall be no more tire sticking out from under the fenders than 4" unless you have marker lights over the tires within 4" of the edge of the tire. So you could have your tires a foot outside of the Jeep as long as your marker lights are within 4" of the edge of the tire. I've seen some rigs where the owner put the parker light on a stalk to be compliant with the rules but it looked really silly.

On a side note, I have a set of the Genright Aluminum fender delete kit sets that I paid $200 for plus $70 shipping that I ended up never even installing that I would sell for $150 for all four front and rear fenders and hardware etc...

Do you still have your GR fender deletes for sale?

Top Bottom