Anyone powder coat their half or full doors? Pics?

BDP849

Update: I went with the gloss powder coat option. Using the VW hub caps as a guide, the gloss option looked very close to the factory paint (photo below). The flat and semi gloss (60%) options looked ok, but I thought the gloss was the way to go. Who knows, things may look a lot different once the entire door is sprayed and installed. If all goes well, I should be able to pick up my doors tomorrow and build them over the weekend. Otherwise, this will carry over into next week. Either way, I'll post photos once I install my doors for those who are interested.

View attachment 133531

What's with the 71 1/2 on the frame?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
It was a measurement associated with the custom suspension work I had done. Exactly what it was for, I'm not certain. I keep meaning to ask the shop because I'm curious too.

That's a pretty sweet looking setup. Are you running actual trailing arms in the rear? Definitely interested! Any info on that setup?

jk12blk

That's a pretty sweet looking setup. Are you running actual trailing arms in the rear? Definitely interested! Any info on that setup?
thanks and you are correct. It's a triangulated four link in the rear with trailing arms. Here are a few pics which show things a bit better. If you check my profile or search for Exile Suspension Red Label system, you find more information on the build and who makes the kit. Feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss in more detail. thanks.

Capture (2).JPG Capture6 (2).jpg Capture.jpg

BDP849

thanks and you are correct. It's a triangulated four link in the rear with trailing arms. Here are a few pics which show things a bit better. If you check my profile or search for Exile Suspension Red Label system, you find more information on the build and who makes the kit. Feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss in more detail. thanks.

View attachment 136077 View attachment 136079 View attachment 136080

Two questions
1 who's skid plate is that?
2 what happens to your gas tank?

jk12blk

Two questions
1 who's skid plate is that?
2 what happens to your gas tank?

It's a custom skid built by the same fab shop (note I'm also running the EVO tranny skid - you just can't see it in the pic).
I'm running a genright gas tank w/ steel skid in the rear.

Top Bottom