Anyone replaced transmission cooler lines?

ScoobyCarolanNC

I have a 2010 that's weeping (typical) & I'm over the mileage for the TSB and the CPO warranty doesn't cover them. It's also not a repair in the Chilton manual. It looks pretty straightforward. Any words of advice or special tools needed?

JKCRWLR

I have a 2010 that's weeping (typical) & I'm over the mileage for the TSB and the CPO warranty doesn't cover them. It's also not a repair in the Chilton manual. It looks pretty straightforward. Any words of advice or special tools needed?

None on the actual replacement... If you are going for OEM, I have had good luck with the eBay store of mopar_parts_direct
Might as well put an auxiliary trans cooler in while you're at it.

I just installed a 30k GVW Hayden and took some samples this morning while cruising down the freeway. 45˚ F outside and traveling at 70 MPH. (Excuse my dirty thumbnail in the pic).

IMG_3896.jpg

JeepFan

Hooked
Best to stick with new OEM cooler lines. You can add a Mopar auxiliary trans cooler for a clean install. The cooler line fittings are called Jiffy Tight and the special clip removal tool can be purchased at most auto parts stores.

jeeeep

Hooked

my trans cooler lines are also leaking again where the rubber hose crimps connects to the metal lines.

the 1st time I had it replaced under the TSB and it was leaking in the exact same place, I'm at 126K miles and Chrysler told me I was out of the warranty period even though they were replaced at 45k miles. I'm thinking of cutting off the hose/crimps and just putting new hose and hose clamps to do the repair.

If you want to replace the lines, I'd check out stevewhiteparts.com, they had the best price on them when I was considering replacing the lines.

ScoobyCarolanNC

If I were to replace the lines, do I need anything special? They look like they just thread in at the ends? Since the fittings are what's shot p, I don't think the cooler will help. I have to get good lines, then cut into those right?

JeepFan

Hooked
If I were to replace the lines, do I need anything special? They look like they just thread in at the ends? Since the fittings are what's shot p, I don't think the cooler will help. I have to get good lines, then cut into those right?

The factory auto transmission cooler line fittings are not threaded. Both ends use a special fitting type called jiffy tight. You can obtain the special removal tool at most auto parts stores. These lines can be a bit tricky to work with but not too hard to replace.

Cutting the replacement lines would be necessary for most aftermarket auxiliary trans coolers.

Another option is to install a factory auxiliary trans cooler. The part number is 82212486AB.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom